PDA

View Full Version : seen any new facebook content lately?

greenoak
11-28-2010, 07:35 AM
any new content ideas out there? soon im going to be aSKING MY FANS SOME qUESTIONS AND MAYBE A POLL OR 2 about what they want and how they use things........WHICH MIGHT EMGAGE THEM AND Also help me at the big buying show in january....
i know one place that does this a lot and it seems real social....not so all about me me me....
we are up to 1100 now ...so im really trying to pay attention to them in the right way...
so heres my question.... do you like any businesses on facebook and why? any good plots you enjoy from any businesses? thanks

Spider
11-28-2010, 09:25 AM
That's a rather open-ended question, Ann, so I'll drop this on you and see if you can use it--

Reciprocal linking is a form of purchasing a link between websites so Google cancels them out. What Google wants, they say, is "natural" links and they are one-way inbound links. I haven't bothered with trying to get one-way inbound links for years because they are out of my control and I do not wish to waste time working on things that are out of my control. This is how Google would have it anyway - a natural link occurs naturally, without intervention - which is often referred to as link-building. This has not helped my serps ranking, which is unfortunate - I don't like playing by the rules and suffering for it.

Now there is talk that Facebook "likes" will - or even *are* already - being counted as links, so the more "likes" your Facebook page gets the better your website will rank in the search engines.

Will that help you?

If "Likes" Are The New Links, Content Quality Should Increase | WebProNews (http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2010/11/23/if-likes-are-the-new-links-content-quality-should-increase)

greenoak
11-28-2010, 10:04 AM
that would be cool...ill read that link tonight.....and yes i like open ended questions ...
but what im asking in case you didnt see it is .... ....do you personally enjoy any facebook pages? and, if so, what do you like about them?

Spider
11-28-2010, 02:10 PM
That specific question draws a negative answer from me. I "like" a number of pages but, truthfully don't like any of them. All business pages (including my own, no matter how I try to avoid it) are self-centered and quite un-social. It all comes across to me as the eager salesman at a party who keeps trying to engage guests with talk of his business - where every conversation seems to end up being a sales pitch.

I visit Facebook about once a week now.

KristineS
11-28-2010, 02:48 PM
The pages I like are the ones where you can talk with a real person. The pages have personality and it's not all quizzes and giveaways and sell, sell, sell all the time. I like pages where people reply when you ask a question, where they have a sense of humor. I'm not interested in people who are only passing along links to other people's content. Tell me what you know, not what other people know. An occasional helpful link is good, but include why you chose to share it.

jamesray50
11-29-2010, 02:53 AM
I don't go looking for business pages, but if a friend likes a page and if it's of interest to me I may check it out and "like" it too. I think it's a good networking tool and hope other people see it that way.

greenoak
11-29-2010, 09:59 AM
i sure hear w hat spider is saying....but i see mine as different i guess....i see people looking to add fans from afar AND THATS NOT MY GOAL I WANT LOCAL........i want people who were in the store...which makes the page more interesting to them i HOPE.....PEOPLE WHO CAN DROP IN AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF SOMETHNG OR WHO WOULD BE naturally iNTERESTED IN WHAT I JUST GOT IN.....im pretty tight with a lot of my fans.... but i dont want to be a pest...
i do what you do too jo ellen...and just explore others likes a little...

Patrysha
11-29-2010, 10:20 AM
Well, I've been experimenting with video for one of my clients DELLA'S DAY SPA | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/delladayspa) and on daily changing profile pics with another that I just got working on this past Saturday for a restaurant (I still have to add the rest of the menu and specials and get them up to 25 fans so that I can get them the easy url Welcome to Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Whitecourt-Family-Restaurant-Roadhouse-Pub-and-Grill/164335766937073). And within the next couple of days I'll be working with a local Tattoo Artist who had a group of over 200 to get them transferred over to a page instead...I am just doing tab work now until I figure out what the parameters are of the new iframes that they're transitioning to next year.

greenoak
11-30-2010, 06:48 AM
patrysha, are there any pages that you personally like ? what do they do to get you interested?
ps....i looked at the spa page andit looks super rich in good content and a friendly tone....seems like a perfect business for facebook..... all those women...

Patrysha
11-30-2010, 10:00 AM
patrysha, are there any pages that you personally like ? what do they do to get you interested?

That is a really hard one for me...it's like when I was actively writing fiction and found it hard to enjoy books because my mind was dissecting the content and trying to categorize the plot, themes & character development. The same thing happens with pages and websites now. I have a hard time looking at them from a purely personal angle and there are many I follow because they are pages of friends, others because they are leaders in areas I want to learn more about and the ones that I've added because I'm working out their purpose and angles.

ps....i looked at the spa page andit looks super rich in good content and a friendly tone....seems like a perfect business for facebook..... all those women...

Thank you. We've been working hard on it. She's become such a good friend over the years and allows me so much room for experimentation.

Harold Mansfield
12-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Here's an article that you might find interesting:

Given the hundreds of social media tools available, and the thousands of different ways to use them in business, you’d think that getting Fortune 500 companies on board would be a complex and daunting task.

But it’s not. The truth is, there are only five different ways the Fortune 500 use social media. Seriously — just five. And once you know what they are, you can figure out which ones would be most useful for your business.

How the Fortune 500 Use Social Media to Grow Sales and Revenue (http://mashable.com/2010/12/02/fortune-500-social-media/)