PDA

View Full Version : upgrading.....

greenoak
11-26-2010, 09:18 AM
my current marketing goal...one of them...is to learn OVERNIGHT PRINTs..i think its like vista print..... AND upgrade our signs and some of the in store paper ...a lot of my store buddies use it and like it....
i want to make better signs, good paper takeways at the door, free bookmarks, and lots more.. they are so reasonable and it loooks pretty easy....... and i could get the custom calendars almost in my price range....maybe 6$ each for 50...... so if i had the right person who could do it fast i might do that too...
i thnk they could make our postcards cheaper too.... so i have a big research and learning task on my plate...
along with revamping the website and learning my ipad, ........i hope i dont fall off the learning curve!!!
have you ever used it? any hints?

AmyAllen
11-26-2010, 11:19 AM
I have occasionally ordered from Overnight Prints. Their prices are some of the lowest out there, but I think you lose a little in quality for that price. I would suggest ordering a sample from them and see if the quality is what you're looking for. (For example, you can order a sample pack of business cards from them for $1.98 - and that will give you an idea of the paper/ printing quality.)

I would think of them as sort of the Walmart of online printing. They print almost everything and they do it cheap, but quality and craftsmanship take a back burner.

One other note: The last time I ordered from them, it took 3 weeks for my order to ship, so if you use them - make sure to check the shipping times/dates before you purchase.

greenoak
11-26-2010, 03:44 PM
thanks amy..i was going to do a sample first!! good idea...
.i wonder if vista print is any better....? my daughter uses overnight for her store and hers look great...better than our in house ones anyway..
i see they have different delivery levels...
ann

KristineS
11-28-2010, 02:41 PM
We worked with Overnight Prints for a while until the point where their work deteriorated. They were good and reasonably priced for a while and then we had three or four bad print jobs in a row. Colors were off, things like that, and their customer service was not that good. We stopped using them.

greenoak
11-28-2010, 02:43 PM
have you tried vista print?

KristineS
11-28-2010, 02:46 PM
I haven't tried them. We upgraded our printer and took most of the work back in house. Since I already have a designer, it was cheaper for us to do it that way.

AmyAllen
11-29-2010, 09:38 PM
My sister is a photographer and she has used Vistaprint - She's really picky and had good things to say about the quality of their prints the last time I talked with her.

Steve B
11-30-2010, 06:35 AM
I've used Vista Print for a lot of things. I have always been pleased with the quality of the work and the prices. Sometimes the shipping takes a while unless you want to pay extra.

There is a guy that used to visit this forum once in a while that was able to beat Vistaprints prices and service, so I've been using him exclusively for the last 2 or 3 years. I order several thousand dollars a year in printing and he's been very easy to work with. His site is Welcome to Reminiscence Publishing (http://www.remipub.com)

greenoak
11-30-2010, 06:47 AM
soiunds good...thanks

dynocat
12-03-2010, 10:49 AM
ann, I just received an order from VistaPrint and was very pleased with the quality. I did magnets and mugs with a photo of mine (personal--not business). I chose slowest shipping and to my surprise they shipped at least a week early.

greenoak
12-03-2010, 02:45 PM
good to hear........and i guess they send all kinds of promos thru the year....im kindof excited about jumping into it....
ann