PDA

View Full Version : this week in marketing for us....

greenoak
11-24-2010, 08:42 AM
this week im using something i learned online...for my black friday thing....... offer something they are looking for anyway...so ive picked an offer that does that..... buy 2 red garlands and get one free....
that marketing idea was so helpful when i read it......maybe it sounds obvoius.... ..its so easy to think about what would i most like to get rid of when developing an offer....but really hearing that advice makes me think smarter and offer something they are thinking about and want at the time...now...
the goal is to get them into the store.... i hope they buy all my mistakes!!! but offering those little buggers at a bargain wouldnt get the customers very interested....so im hoping this works better....

nowms
11-25-2010, 11:30 AM
First off, I have to say your store looks amazing! I would most certainly go broke browsing your store.
Don’t forget another thing they are looking for is SAVINGS. I would be motivated by an across the board discount. Acouple Ideas for future sales promotions:
Buy one Antique get the second at 20% off. (this way you are really only discounting less than 10% on each item when you average)
Around tax time, you could run a “We Pay Your Taxes Day Sale” (at register discount equal to the sales tax)

Have a Happy Thanksgiving! Best wishes and luck on Black Friday!

greenoak
11-25-2010, 03:04 PM
thanks....its a handful~!!
thats a good idea....we sell a lotof specific stuff...like harvest tables or tv cabinets...i might try a cool go with at a discount for those ..
i like your idea about stressing savings....that has been a big thing this year for us...our prices are cheap compaed to pottery barn.... and thats helped...