PDA

View Full Version : Didn't put Inc at the end

Big
11-24-2010, 03:17 AM
I didn't put inc at the end of my Corporation name. I did it because I thought it would be different, but is there anything I should know about not having Inc at the end of my corp name? Can I still use Inc. at the end of the name?

TLDNR: I incorporated Corp Name instead of Corp Name, Inc. is that a big deal? In my state you don't have to put Inc. or Corp at the end of any C Corp.

huggytree
11-24-2010, 08:45 AM
i dont know how that makes you different.

your legal name will still be xyz inc. whether you say it is or not

i dont use LLC at the end of my name when i write it out unless its a legal form....it says LLC on all advertising....its the difference between looking professional or not.

i recommend you use INC everywhere you can

being different is good when its something you sell or how you market youself....when it comes to skipping INC on your name i dont see any advantage...if anything it makes you look less professional...i see nothing positive about it

Business Attorney
11-24-2010, 10:19 AM
You should use your EXACT corporate name on all legal documents. If Corp Name meets the requirements of your state law and that is how you were incorporated, then that is what you should use. Do not add "Inc." "Corporation" or any other word that is not part of your corporate name.

What Huggy does is drop the "LLC" in some cases but use the full name when he feels it is appropriate. That is different than creating a longer name that does not really exist.

Evan
12-02-2010, 11:03 PM
Do not add "Inc." "Corporation" or any other word that is not part of your corporate name.

What Huggy does is drop the "LLC" in some cases but use the full name when he feels it is appropriate. That is different than creating a longer name that does not really exist.

A lot of companies with "LLC" and "Inc" also just register a fictitious business name without the LLC or Inc. as a "CYA", but it may or may not be required. The most important thing is you're not misleading the public.

I doubt any court would look at ONE thing you didn't include the letters and say "Ah ha! We're not going to recognize the legal entity!" There usually are far more pressing issues which cause those sort of problems.