PDA

View Full Version : Is it sexy and simple enough?

Susan
11-22-2010, 12:13 PM
Hi all,
this is our new site and I would love to get some feedback from you:
nicereply.com (http://nicereply.com/)

It should be oriented mainly towards small and medium businesses so I'm interested what do you, people who run your own small companies, think of it.
I would especially like to know if it's easy for you to find information on that site or if it lacks something you would like to know but it's not there.
Of course, I would like to know what you think about the design too.

billbenson
11-22-2010, 02:29 PM
Here's my gut reaction as someone who personally sends a lot of emails and receives them as a salesman each day.

The moving text in the center is annoying.
The site name "nicereply" says more about what you do and how you do it than the text. Reading the text, I don't know what you do, I can only guess.
I don't like the concept of giving employees the flexibility of sending out custom emails. Particularly html emails. I worked in a company where the employees were allowed to send out emails with their own backgrounds, signatures etc without control. Almost all of these were non professional in appearance. Customers don't want happy face emails, they want answers.
Many companies strip off HTML in emails. I assume what you are offering is HTML. If the email looks lousy once the html has been stripped off it's not a good thing.

Sorry if my view isn't very optomistic, but thats my reaction.

Harold Mansfield
11-22-2010, 03:47 PM
Just on the design:
I like it! Yes it is simple, to the point and engaging. I think the headline which leads into the descriptive text is just fine and I actually like the fading text. It's not too much and what you have there is a perfect way to show off your reviews.

How nice are your emails? Let your customers decide.
Not sure about that one..I may opt for something such as "What do your emails say about your company?"

Turn your email communication(s) into (a) customer satisfaction and feedback center.
Perfect. Get right to it without making me read and find out what it's all about. Right away I know what you offer and if I want to go further. I might even Bold that so that it stands out even more when the page loads.

I like the colors...not too sure about the neon green on the buttons, but it certainly is noticeable and not gaudy in anyway.
If I were to add anything, it may be a page title "Features" in the top menu just so that it is noticeable, even if it is a repeat of what is below the fold. I think people expect to see that right away.

Over all design wise, I give it a thumbs up! I think it's a very professional job and makes a good first impression.
Nice domain as well.

Edited:
I was thrown off by the blog layout and design. It looks as if I was taken to a completely different website. I think that it should be styled to resemble the rest of the site, with the same header and menu navigation.
JMO

KristineS
11-22-2010, 04:20 PM
The design is decent, pulled together and not fussy. Text is easy to read. I understood what you are trying to do quite easily. I do agree with eborg that the blog should look like the rest of the site. It does seem a bit odd that it is different.

websonalized
09-19-2011, 01:50 PM
Susan,

I like your design. It is sexy and simple enough. I like the colors you used, and the design is well done. It looks professional and trustworthy.

With regards to the information, after reading the information modules, I believe you clearly communicate the services, possible uses, and ease of use of your product.

Very nice,