PDA

View Full Version : Product Reviews and Recommendations

KristineS
09-11-2008, 08:43 AM
Do you do product reviews and recommendations on your blog? Have you ever had one backfire on you?

I wrote a post recently about how bloggers need to be careful about product reviews and recommendations. Whether you like it or not, every review or recommendation you do links your blog's reputation to the review. You need to be sure the company is reputable.

vangogh
09-12-2008, 03:07 AM
I do on occasion, but it's always something I've used and I always give an honest and objective view. I try to list the pros and cons and let people decide for themselves.

Blessed
09-12-2008, 07:22 AM
I do a few - I've never had one backfire but I do consider that every time I get ready to write another review...

I like to take the approach Vangogh takes - list the pros, the cons and let people decide for themselves.

Harold Mansfield
09-13-2008, 02:49 PM
Never did a product like goods, but I have reviewed or recommended a few services, plug ins and such.
I can't do a review, and then post an affiliate link to a product. I even shy away from album reviews on my music site.
I'd rather post the release, and free clip (when provided) and let people decide for themselves.
If I did reviews regularly, I would leave out way too many people, since I don't have time for everyone.
This way I clearly show no bias, which makes me privy to more stuff.