PDA

View Full Version : Phone Call Tracking?

ADV007
11-05-2010, 01:15 AM
I was offered to purchase phone numbers that are "trackable". I heard a little bit about this before but never paid attention to it... super busy with everyting else of course jeez! .. At the time I wasn't paying too much attention but now I'm debating..

Has anyone else used trackable phone numbers? I'm looking into it..

Steve B
11-05-2010, 05:51 AM
I have no idea what they are. What kind of business do you have and how would you use the phone numbers.

rdcclu
11-06-2010, 04:10 PM
If your business is one where the call to action is a phone call to your business or the typical way a customer would initiate a contact with you is through a phone call, a phone tracking service can save you time. Otherwise, whoever answers the phone has to ask how the caller heard about your business and keep track by hand.

In addition to whatever resources you are looking at, go to New Call Solutions - Phone Call Tracking, Monitoring Advertising ROI (http://newcallsolutions.com/) (not an affiliate link).

ADV007
11-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Yes,

Thanks for the feedback. The company is suggesting me to do the exact same thing that rdcclu posted. I know it would be beneficial but is it worth having this information?

Spider
11-08-2010, 06:31 PM
I don't get it. If I see your ad in the newspaper and call the number in the add ... or, if I visit your webpage and call the number I see there ... Or, I see your billboard and call that number .... How will the phone or phone company know what I was looking at when I made the call?

ADV007
11-08-2010, 07:56 PM
I don't get it. If I see your ad in the newspaper and call the number in the add ... or, if I visit your webpage and call the number I see there ... Or, I see your billboard and call that number .... How will the phone or phone company know what I was looking at when I made the call?

The idea behind it is to place different numbers on each advertising campaign. For example, different one on a billboard, another on the site, etc. To truly know where I am getting clients from. After more research I think I'm going to do it. This way I'll know for sure where every person is coming from.

ADV007
11-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Thanks everyone for the feedback! I appreciate it!

Steve B
11-09-2010, 07:33 AM
I just ask people. It works and it's free.

I guess if you have a huge business with several customer service people it would be needed.

J from Michigan
12-26-2010, 06:50 PM
In a former life, I was a sales manager at dealerships. We used a product called Who's Calling. Like ADV007 said, you place different numbers for different ad campaigns.

You can also go back and listen to the calls. I had a real aggressive sales person who I would always have to monitor, as she sometimes came across a little pushy.
(But in all fairness, she was the top producer) :)

I now use Google Voice. It's a slimmed down version, but you can still record phone calls, and you can use different numbers for different campaigns.

Jacoby
03-23-2011, 11:06 AM
I've recommend Total Live Chat for clients. A little difficult to set - up, but defiantly a good application to use.

CloptonCapital
03-23-2011, 02:19 PM
It's definitely not an absolute, its still possible people will dial the number manually and you wont know how they found you