PDA

View Full Version : phone spam

greenoak
11-04-2010, 08:44 AM
yesterday i got a phone call from someone trying to sell health insurance...and they mentioned small business forum..... ikkk...about once a month i click on the old forum because i havent removed it from my favorites...maybe someone is mining the data there... or here...anyone else get one?

i hung up on them...gad im glad cold calling isnt my job.... such a hateful thing....

Spider
11-04-2010, 09:16 AM
I rely on Caller ID - No name - no answer. And, of course, if they do give their name and I don't want to speak to them, I don't answer. As a matter of fact, I hardly ever answer the phone anymore. I'll check messages at intervals and maintain my work focus in between. Not to mention save my sanity.

GoingLocal
11-04-2010, 10:20 AM
I'm on the same page as Spider.
If I don't know them and it's not important enough to leave a message, it's probably something that would just waste my time anyway.
...and if it is important, there are other ways to make contact as well.

greenoak
11-04-2010, 05:11 PM
we always answer at the store..
.gosh i never want to leave a message....how do i know they even got it? did they get it and decide to ignore me?...did they not get it and should i call again..?...guess i better try harder to go with the flow... ...
at home im the same, no name , i rarely answer... or if its an 800#