PDA

View Full Version : so confusing

greenoak
11-01-2010, 08:45 AM
i did what dynocat suggested and holy crap!!!! i think this post is saying my facebook wall posts arent being seen by my fans.....and that the number of fans really doesnt matter....im going to try and get this translated and will report back....or if you understand this i would love to hear all about it....
is this true? i thought they all see my posts....come to think of it i dont get posts from all the places i have liked....DANG...I THINK I GET THIS , THEN IT JUST GETS MORE CONFUSING...
im pretty sure some real good things are coming from our facebook efforts...this tells me at least that we should be including our fans into our little paid facebook ads when we run them...we figured they got our updates anyway...

FACEBOOK: THE RECIPE FOR SUCCESS - Retail Ideas | Blog on Furniture Today (http://www.furnituretoday.com/blog/Retail_Ideas/37467-FACEBOOK_THE_RECIPE_FOR_SUCCESS.php)
thanks a lot dyno
www.facebook.com/greenoakantiques.com

Patrysha
11-01-2010, 09:37 AM
All it is saying is what you've known all along...that to be effective on Facebook you have to focus on engagement and special content that drives customer back to comment & share & return after they've liked your page. There was an article I read on that last week....I think in advertising age that did an experiment on personal profiles to try and crack the Facebook algorythm...and what actions would get a personal profile into other people's news feeds. It was interesting, but it wasn't about Pages so I wasn't sure how it would reflect and translate...I'm sure someone is working on an experiment for that if it's not already been done.

greenoak
11-01-2010, 09:45 AM
i definitley didnt know this all along...i knew we need good content.... but not that we fall off their page...

i hope it has something to do with whether a person clicked news feeds and or most recent on their morning read...????....dang dang.....

..thats what im asking terri today anyway....
now i really dont see how we are gaining likes so fast...

greenoak
11-01-2010, 09:49 AM
oops ........

Patrysha
11-01-2010, 10:08 AM
I can't seem to find the article from last week, but I did find this one Facebook Ad Algorithm Cracked: The Secrets Behind Successful Facebook Advertisers (http://www.allfacebook.com/facebook-ad-algorithm-2010-10#more-19975)

Harold Mansfield
11-01-2010, 10:56 AM
Ann, I read that article and it's really not that confusing. Even if your Page's wall posts are not going to your Fan's activity feed, they still (unless they have disabled them) get an email that you have posted something new..as if you have sent them a message.

Spider
11-01-2010, 01:11 PM
I noticed there was a difference in how Page fans were notified and how Group members where notified. Can't remember what it was or whether it has since changed but at one point I closed a couple of groups I had and made them pages.

I don't know if that will help or just add to the confusion!

greenoak
11-01-2010, 03:14 PM
i have " liked" several pages and i dont get emails that they have posted...????
it sounds like some things are kind of secret on facebook....i for sure get posts from places i have not interacted with.... ????

greenoak
11-02-2010, 12:56 AM
now im reading this My Fan Page Status Doesn't Appear in Fans' News Feeds | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=23798139265&topic=15996&start=60&hash=8187569c5a6a7c1a982dfbc5ae23c9f2)
and the facebook guy, paul brindle, seems to be saying that your business page post would be on the most recent spot on the fan's page but not necessarily on the top news spot..... thats how i understood it at first.....i hope thats right....
???