PDA

View Full Version : Not been round as much

orion_joel
09-10-2008, 07:49 AM
Hi All,

Just wanted to let you all know i have not disappeared completly. The last 5 or 6 days have not been easy. I have not had/been able to do a lot of posting, but hope to be back doing more soon.

I spent saturday and sunday in quiet a bit of pain, eventually found out on sunday i had a pilondal sinus (large abyss sort of thing near the bottom of my back). I had this drained in hospital on monday night, and stayed in hospital overnight. It is a bit difficult to sit in the one spot for any length of time at the moment, though not really because of pain but more so just uncomfortable. I look to be off work for two weeks at this point so hopefully by the weekend i may be able to come and do a bit more consistent posting.

Anyway just wanted to let you know i will be back i am not disappearing just yet.

Blessed
09-10-2008, 08:23 AM
Hope your recovery continues to go well...

I haven't been around much the past week either - just too busy with work and family!

KristineS
09-10-2008, 08:40 AM
Joel,

I'm so sorry to hear you've been ill. Sounds like you're on the road to recovery, so that's good. I hope you feel much better soon.

cbscreative
09-10-2008, 11:12 AM
Sorry to hear about that, Joel. I'm sure other members here will join in praying for your recovery.

orion_joel
09-10-2008, 10:54 PM
Thank-you for the good wishes.

Thank-fully it is not so much a painful recovery but more an uncomfortable one. Driving is kind of a challenge, as where the wound is located sits right on the seat and you feel every single bump in the road. It is getting easier to sit still, however i don't want to get to use to sitting to much, could get to lazy ;)..

I should probably make use of this time off work to do something about getting my business going again. Of course in between posting here.

vangogh
09-12-2008, 05:30 PM
Sorry to hear about the ailments Joel. I had noticed you weren't around as much as you had been. Sounds like you're doing ok if a bit uncomfortable. No worries if you can't be here frequently for a time. We'll still be here when you can post more.

Hope you're feeling better.

Evan
09-12-2008, 10:32 PM
Oh boy, get better Joel!

orion_joel
09-13-2008, 08:51 AM
You would not have thought that a cut (about 2 inches ling, and about an inch deep) that they want to heal naturally (without stitches) just near the bottom of your back would make it so uncomfortable to drive.

I also feel like i have slowed down to a snails pace, which maybe is good to some extent, it just takes me an hour to go to the shops and visit 3 or 4 shops now, where i would use to have done it in 15 or 20 minutes, for some reason the legs are moving a lot slower.

Anyway, it is giving me some good catch up time, and a very much needed break from work, i was up to about 18 months, averaging over 40 hours a week without a holiday. I had been planning to put in for next week off as annual leave, but had not got round to it. Anyway going to hobble off to bed soon.

KristineS
09-13-2008, 11:09 AM
Definitely slow down and give your body time to heal Joel. The body is quite smart. It will tell you what it needs to heal most efficiently.

vangogh
09-13-2008, 12:19 PM
I could see how it would be uncomfortable and slow you down. I've noticed how even the smallest things can throw you off.

Rest up and get better.

billbenson
09-13-2008, 02:04 PM
Hope you are feeling better Joel. Makes me think back on hospital time I've had over the years. Also the fact that I have no insurance. One oddball injury was getting run over a boat. I was water skiing and the guy driving stuck the boat (inboard ski boat) in reverse and backed over me. Big V8 moter with the prop under the boat. Sucked me right under the boat. Broke my ankle and the guy that ran me over never had the guts to call me after that. I was supposed to be at a contract signing on a 1 million order the next day. I didn't make it but we got the deal.

That injury hurt more than most for quite a while. You could feel the prop smack your ankle.

cbscreative
09-13-2008, 02:42 PM
Wow, bill, that could easily have been worse considering a spinning prop was doing the beating.

Joel, the body does have an amazing ability to heal itself. Take some good natural vitamins and don't hestitate to give yourself adequate rest.

Blessed
09-13-2008, 06:10 PM
Joel it sounds like you were overdue for a vacation - get to feeling better soon and enjoy a bit of time off!

orion_joel
09-13-2008, 10:15 PM
It actually feels quite good to slow down and i sure don't miss the hectic nights at work, kind of making me reconsider if maybe i should take this as a sign to change career paths (yet again). This job i have had now, sure would give me something of a good leg up in other jobs i may be looking for now, good cash handling experience, and also coordinating a large group of people. Something i may have to consider.

Paul Elliott
09-14-2008, 09:21 AM
Joel, before my retirement from medicine, I surgically drained a lot of pilonidal abscesses. As you now know that is the easy part.

The difficult part is all the care it requires as it heals. If you want some special tips other than on main street at rush hour, PM me. ;) :D

Paul