PDA

View Full Version : Which banner is better?

nealrm
10-26-2010, 11:19 AM
Which banner do you think is better?

Paper Shredder Clay
10-26-2010, 01:05 PM
In the first banner, it's hard to make out what you are seeing. The second banner reminds me more of Autumn colors, especially since it's that time of the year. I think the flames blend in too much with the banner background.

KristineS
10-26-2010, 02:03 PM
I think the second picture is a bit more effective. The first just looks like some random disaster picture.

I do agree with Clay that you should change the color of the banner on the second one. Right now it does tend to blend in with the fire.

Spider
10-26-2010, 02:05 PM
I think I would like the first one best if the trees looked burnt and didn't look like they had leaves.

The second one certainly stands out more and I think the text would be more powerful if it was non-italic and on a mono-chrome background.

As they stand, I am torn between them.

nealrm
10-26-2010, 02:16 PM
Thank you for the suggestions. I have modified it based on those suggestions. What do you think.

greenoak
10-26-2010, 05:31 PM
i like the second one best then the one with the red...
shorter words might be...do you have a record of your belongings? we can help...
the whole thing is such a horrible scary thought...
ann

Patrysha
10-26-2010, 07:01 PM
I played around with the copy a bit...

Making it home again relies on great records...

Our <Record Keeping Sevice> is your key to recovery in the event of fire, burglary and other forms of loss -
Call Now to ensure you've covered it all.

nealrm
10-26-2010, 07:44 PM
Hey - I like that.

Spider
10-27-2010, 09:22 AM
Re #3 - the white text on a semi-dark ground is hard to read, being italic doesn't help. The variable color background to the text carries my eye away from the picture.

Patrysha
10-27-2010, 11:19 AM
Hey - I like that.

Feel free to tweak it and use it. I think the headline next to the burning picture will be a nice juxtoposition...and it changes the focus to the why they need this kind of inventory/recordkeeping...so that life can return to normal as quickly as possible after the loss. There might be (with a little more digging) more emotions at the core of a decision that may be a more effective motivator...but on the surface that seems to be the main one.

vangogh
10-27-2010, 12:51 PM
I like the last version as well, the one with the red background and I too like Patrysha's copy. I agree with Frederick about the text being hard to read, though I'm wondering if most of that comes from shrinking down the image. Turning off the italics would help. Also I'm not crazy about the gradient background. It doesn't add anything. I think a solid block of color would work better.

I'm also wondering about the call to action being to call you. Odds are the moment someone sees the ad isn't going to be a time where they're immediately going to call. That makes it easy to ignore and move on. I think a better call to action would be to get them to click and visit your site. They still may not call right away, but your site will provide more information to convince them to call at some point and ideally they'll bookmark the page or record any information they need. Even better might be to have them email for a little more information. That'll keep you on their mind a little longer and offer an opportunity to send more information to persuade them to purchase your service.

KristineS
10-27-2010, 02:50 PM
I like Patrysha's suggestions for ad copy very much. Simple and to the point.

Patrysha
10-27-2010, 03:15 PM
Ooh I had another idea...

Before it goes up in flames...buy peace of mind.
The <HV Inventory Services> so life's disasters are just road bumps.

AmyAllen
10-30-2010, 01:13 PM
The left-alignment of the text combined with the italic gives a feeling of the text getting sucked into the flames. It also makes your eyes keep scrolling left back towards the picture. The non-italicized text was better, but you might try out a center or right alignment and see how it looks. Or maybe even try a left-aligned text with a right-aligned call-to-action. That might create a natural eye movement from picture, to text, to action.

greenoak
10-31-2010, 09:14 AM
another reason a person might need you ~~~you are giving them a way to record inventory for family when they are dividing stuff up, a way to show what you were referring to in your will or final directions...........and maybe .antique appraisals,
people might need you for several things......

Paper Shredder Clay
11-08-2010, 05:50 PM
I do think there does need to be a bit of breathing room on the text. It is pretty close to the image.

Reflo Ltd
02-07-2011, 08:55 PM
I love the concept of your business. Very clever.

As for the ads, resist the urge (and common mistake) of making your ads too busy or trying to get too creative with them. Simplicity and being succinct is key.

Although your wording isn't bad at all I do like patrysha's changes. Especially because she hits on the fact that this is a service valuable in ways outside of just fire loss.

Back to the ad The color in the photo is ok to grab attention but clean the text area up. Probably stick with black text on a white background. Ditch the italics.

RjMaan
06-02-2018, 12:38 PM
I like the second banner due to its appealing color combination.

jeffscott
08-12-2018, 11:37 PM
The picture on the first banner must be specific to clearly tell the audience what you're really talking about.

Willie Posey
02-15-2019, 05:55 AM
I might be late but would like to go with the first one. It's giving a kind of peace to my mind as well as an Important message of bonding.:rolleyes:

Melisasmith
04-20-2021, 11:09 AM
Hello,

Second one is much better and easy to explain.