PDA

View Full Version : Back!

Spider
10-21-2010, 05:58 PM
The geek from Geek Squad just left so I am UpandRunning, connected, networked and In Command! :-D

Ok! What did I miss?

ParaTed2k
10-21-2010, 06:53 PM
HooAH!!! Welcome Back!

greenoak
10-21-2010, 09:17 PM
hey spider!!! it takes a real man to ask for help....

Harold Mansfield
10-21-2010, 09:24 PM
What happened? What did you have done?

Spider
10-21-2010, 10:48 PM
Well, first thing I re-learned a big financial lesson because my money prowess completely deserted me. When you have a number of things that can go wrong, start checking at the cheapest end.

My computer wasn't receiving the signal from the wireless router very well. The signal seemed to be getting weaker on my machine but seemed to be fine on my wife's computer. I figured that my computer was getting ready to die, so I bought a new computer. The signal was still weak, and after much moving of furniture I figured it was the router and bought a new router. I was now so far into this "renewal" that I obtained a new modem from Comcast, and with Geek Squad's help have a whole new setup. The modem may have been the problem. Still, I have a new computer, a still-functioning older computer networked together and I can play chess with myself now!!!!!!

To save face, I told my wife I really wanted a new computer but needed an excuse.

Harold Mansfield
10-21-2010, 11:24 PM
Not a bad deal. At least your old computer still works and you are also using the newest operating system.
All in all I'd say it was worth it.