PDA

View Full Version : Magazines: Entrepreneur vs. Inc.?

BillR
09-09-2008, 11:49 AM
I get both of these magazines.

Entrepreneur seems geared at start-ups who are going to be small to medium businesses.

Inc. seems to be more aimed at people who are starting companies that are more truly "corporate" and intend to grow large.

I like both but I prefer Inc. I think.....comments? Any other magazines people like?

KristineS
09-09-2008, 12:07 PM
I've not read Entrepreneur except on the web site. The site seems to provide good information and good tips. I have subscribed to Inc. in the past. I have to agree that it seems a bit more "corporate" but there is good information to be found there.

I also liked Fast Company (http://www.fastcompany.com/) quite well. I think it is owned and published by the same company that publishes Inc.

vangogh
09-09-2008, 01:17 PM
I don't read either regularly, but your assessment sounds right.

I also read Fast Company. Most of the other magazines I read are more specific to web design and seo.

Aaron Hats
09-09-2008, 02:06 PM
I prefer Inc over Entrepreneur. I just seem to get more out of it. I also like eCommerce and Internet Retailer magazines. They tend to talk about the "big guys" but it always sparks some ideas.

orion_joel
09-10-2008, 07:11 AM
I have not read either, While i think they are available in Australia, i have not really looked, the main ones that read are BRW (Business Review Weekly) It is Australian and more geared at corporate but it always has some good idea sparking articles.

There was also a good one that i used to buy called Anthill (yeah i know strange name for business related magazine) It took a different and i thought better approach to discussing business, more like a one on one type approach. I found it really easy to read and some good articles but i guess a lot of others didn't because it does not seem to be available any more.

Marcomguy
09-12-2008, 08:11 AM
I used to read Fortune, but lately I've been finding it less and less appealing. Think I'll start looking at Inc.

KristineS
09-12-2008, 08:17 AM
There is a Fortune Small Business magazine that is pretty good.

Evan
09-12-2008, 01:02 PM
I like Entrepreneur, but haven't read Inc to judge it. Fortune and Fast Company are also great magazines that I enjoy reading as well.

Then I have my professional subscriptions... Those are excellent if you know what they're talking about!

mr.ro
09-14-2008, 03:26 PM
I think my choice will be fast company I like their tips and what the write about more than the other magazines listed. Inc seems to be just like what billr said about geared to corporate business which is not where i'm going with my company now. so i rather read about tips and such that fast company offers.

Evan
09-14-2008, 06:58 PM
My favorite article in Fortune Magazine is by Stanley Bing. His article is always on the last page, and it's always something witty. That tends to be the first article I read!

vangogh
09-14-2008, 08:01 PM
Thought I'd add that while it's good to read magazines about business and marketing and your specific industry, it's also good to be well read on a broad variety of topics. Reading outside your field helps you to make connections between seemingly disparate ideas and helps uncover new ways of making your business successful.

KristineS
09-15-2008, 08:34 AM
I would agree with that Vangogh. I think it is helpful to read as widely as possible. The more information you can gather, the more connections between ideas you can make. You never know what might be helpful.