PDA

View Full Version : How's your Appreciation Marketing?

ParaTed2k
10-08-2010, 06:09 PM
So few of the people in business today bother showing any kind of appreciation beyond a simple "thank you, come again". However, those who go out of their way to show appreciation to their customers get preferred by their customers.

It's simple, your customers won't care about your business if they feel you don't care about them. In other words, if you want your customers to become emotionally invested in the goods or services you offer, make them excited enough about being your customer to tell others.

Remember the sage words from poet Maya Angelou..
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
— Maya Angelou

greenoak
10-08-2010, 09:03 PM
we try for this a lot....as in laginappe...when someone does our business a big favor...like brings us someone who spends a lot..... we give them something just right for them..
right now we are trying to come up with the little gift we give at the christmas openhouse..
..of course in retail we have to show them in real life all the time....by speaking to them and trying to serve them in some good way....
what do you do for your customers?

ParaTed2k
10-09-2010, 12:08 PM
I have an online greeting card and gift service. My customers and friends get thank you notes, cards on their birthdays and other special occasions. I also send gifts such as brownies, cookies or small cute and/or useful items. I can even customize the cards with the customer's picture, or something they like to do.

Btw, I checked out your website, nice shop! It looks like a fun business to run.

greenoak
10-09-2010, 03:31 PM
welcome to the forum,...
i bet they love cards wlth their picture....we are so dang vain....
we used to have a birthday club for our customers but the tekk people talked me out of it, they had to do the work, hmmmm........i think it was pretty popular....we gave a little gift with it...

ParaTed2k
10-09-2010, 06:11 PM
That's what I love about Sendout Cards (http://sendoutcards.com/bepreffered), it doesn't take a techie to work, and the "contact manager" helps you keep track of birthdays, anniversaries and any other day you want to include.

Hey, greeting cards worked for Joe Girard and he had to do them by hand, one at a time. :~D