PDA

View Full Version : **Forum Opinions**

ndeluca
10-07-2010, 03:09 PM
I don't want this to come across as spam. I am trying to get some feedback on a forum that I recently created for Military Personnel. I was wondering if anyone with the free time could check it out and give me your opinion. I would really appreciate everyones help. And hey! Maybe creating a forum could be a your own source of advertising...
Quinn & De Luca, LLC - News/Chat (http://vaoforum.userboard.net)

vangogh
10-08-2010, 01:00 PM
What kind of feedback are you looking for?

I'm not sure I can help with the topic itself since I'm not in the military, but I can offer a few thoughts. My first impression when landing on the site is it seems busy. I'm not really sure where to look. I also don't really see anything that the place is specifically for military personnel. If that's who you want to attract I think you should make it more obvious that's who the forum is for. Give it a completely new design that either has a more military or patriotic look.

One thing you'll find with a forum is that until you get a core group of members who are posting regularly, the place will look and be empty and not be attractive to new members signing up. You have to make the place active even if that means posting yourself. When we started here we did have a core group already in place, but even then I was posting about 50-60 times a day for the first few weeks. I think early on Kristine, Steve and myself were probably responsible for about 75 percent of all the posts here. Over time we were able to pull back and post less, but early on we needed to keep the forum as active as possible.