PDA

View Full Version : hello all

mr.ro
09-08-2008, 10:01 AM
yes I am member from the other forum and now i have to say I love this one way better.

my story

Im 23 and operate a business in San Antonio TX which is in the graphic design/promotional products business. I design promotional products for companies here and I also am looking to expand into the art scene with my products for a lifestyle brand that will be in the near future which is one of my goals. my site is at rm84studios.com (http://www.rm84studios.com) so you can get a better picture of what I do.

Thanks for reading and i hope to contribute my knowledge as well as gain knowledge here.

cbscreative
09-08-2008, 11:05 AM
Well, the user name is different, but I remember the logo (hey, another case for the effectiveness of logos). I'm glad you found our new home. Thanks for the compliment and welcome aboard.

Be sure to set up a sig file too. We're pretty careful about allowing links in posts of new members, but you're like an old friend coming home, and the intro thread has a little more relaxation on the policy. You've used it within the good intentions we like to see. I hope you keep enjoying this new hangout.

vangogh
09-08-2008, 11:27 AM
Welcome to our new hangout mr.ro. I remember the old username too. It's good to see you here.

Thanks for joining and I look forward to chatting with you again.

mr.ro
09-08-2008, 12:00 PM
Yep I might as well use my nickname for the new boards but the logo is the same. Sorry about the link in post I know now won't do that again.

vangogh
09-08-2008, 12:09 PM
The link is fine in your intro thread. We like seeing the sites of new members. Definitely add the link to your sig though so anyone can check out your site when they come across one of your posts and want to know more.

KristineS
09-08-2008, 12:10 PM
Hey, mr.ro, welcome to the forum. We're glad you joined us.

We don't have an issue with links as long as they are within the context of the post and not just used as a method of self promotion.

Putting your link in your signature just ensures that it appears at the bottom of every post you write here. It's just a way to let people know what you do. You'll see most of us have signatures set up.

If you have any questions about how to set up your signature, let us know.

cbscreative
09-08-2008, 12:31 PM
Yes, the link in your post was perfectly OK. It's mentioned mostly because our policy is to keep the strictly self promo posts from becoming an issue. That clearly wasn't the case with your post. In fact, as vangogh and Kristine said, we like seeing member sites and want them to be able to share links, and yours was very appropriate.

Paul Elliott
09-14-2008, 01:15 AM
Welcome, ro. Texas is my old stomping ground though I never lived south of Austin. Spent most of my time in Dallas and Houston/Galveston. I suppose there is something left of them after Ike. :(

Paul