PDA

View Full Version : a facebook milestone...

greenoak
09-28-2010, 10:43 PM
we are approaching 1000 fans on facebook and i would like to do something when we hit it....any ideas?
too many people to spend a $ on each....but i would like to
make kind of a big deal of it...some little reward to the fans....
it will probably happen around our openhouse...early november....
we are at 914 now.... i dont want to focus the one who hits the # but rather all of them....
i really appreciate all of them , its just been a good and fun thing....
Green Oak Antiques | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/greenoakantiques)

Spider
09-28-2010, 10:56 PM
Congratulations, Ann. I have no ideas for you, but I wanted to say that.

dynocat
09-28-2010, 11:26 PM
I second that, ann! And it only took you how long? Not very, as I recall. KUDOS to you for all your effort.

I wish I had an idea for you, but I'm blank.

AaronConway
09-29-2010, 07:47 AM
Congratulations Ann,

I would have a drawing with one or multiple prizes for your FB fans. It doesn't have to be anything too expensive but everyone enjoys a free prize.

Aaron

Blessed
09-29-2010, 08:23 AM
Since it will happen around your open house what about an additional 10 percent; discount - or something like that for everyone who is a FB fan - only mention it on your facebook page and give them a codeword to use for the additional discount - people love the free prizes like Aaron mentioned, they also love feeling like they are part of something exclusive - we used the codeword "turnip" at a recent children's sales event I work with and people loved it - the word was unusual, unexpected and we got a lot of laughs - we asked them to use the word in a sentence. I'm not exactly sure how it would work for you - but it's a crazy thought anyway :)

Also - congratulations! That is a great accomplishment for you.

greenoak
09-29-2010, 08:54 AM
thanks....its so new and exciting.....i love the turnip idea!!! make them work for it...and also a drawing......
for a contest i would really have to read up on their rules.... but that might be nice....would rather have something for for all of them or all who showed up in the store anyway........
we just started it this year.....i have a store customer with 1200 fans and some others coming up real fast.....but its really new and the good way to do things hasnt been sorted out yet....... we are all just experimenting..... no one i know has much experience , including me......its lots different than blog or website,, i dont find much discussion about it on line yet either......

KristineS
09-29-2010, 03:04 PM
I think it would be nice to reward everyone who has taken the time to be a fan, and I like the "turnip" idea. It's fun and allows people to feel they're in the know so to speak. An extra discount or an extra tip on a special sale or something would be a nice idea.