PDA

View Full Version : Hello again

Dust Mite Man
09-08-2008, 02:53 AM
Hello all.

Reintroducing myself and saying hello.

I haven’t been the most active poster but I am still fairly new to the business game but I do read a lot of the threads and get some very good information from them.

Thanks for all the information and I look forward to chatting with you all.

Andy

vangogh
09-08-2008, 03:05 AM
Welcome to the forum Andy. No worries about not being the most active poster. I'm glad you get good information from the posts here. That's the goal at least.

By the way you might want to add your website to your signature. It tends to lead to more traffic than just having it in your profile.

Active or not I hope we'll see you posting again.

Steve B
09-08-2008, 04:09 AM
Welcome. I'd love to hear a bit about your business, or even what made you choose your username.

Leatherneck
09-08-2008, 06:30 AM
Hi Andy, Welcome too the community! My guess is your into the new mattress business? Its creepy to think of all those things sharing the bed with you.

KristineS
09-08-2008, 08:08 AM
Welcome Andy. We're glad you've decided to join us.

cbscreative
09-08-2008, 09:41 AM
Hey, I remember that user name from the old SBF. Welcome aboard, Andy, I'm glad you found our new hangout. Even if you don't post much, it's great that you find the forum useful because that's our goal, and it's all the members here who make that happen.

Dust Mite Man
09-11-2008, 12:19 AM
Hi all thanks for welcomes.

I am in the mattress business but not new ones. I use a specially designed dry 4 stage system to clean and sanitize mattresses, carpets and soft furnishings.

There are a lot of contaminants in these items and we remove them to help people with dust mite and other allergies to have a healthier home. It also helps to reduce Asthma attacks in people as we remove the triggers from there home.

Just leave you with a little did you know:
We shed over 1 Litre of sweat every night even with the air conditioning on, that’s why you wake up thirsty.

KristineS
09-11-2008, 09:09 PM
I'm not sure I needed to know how much I sweat every night.

There are some things about which I'd rather remain in blissful ignorance.

I'm just saying.....

cbscreative
09-11-2008, 10:13 PM
I'm sure the vast majoity of that sweat evaporates, but I'm with Kristine. Thanks for sharing, now I need to set a water bottle on the headboard. I did notice that morning thirst.

Paul Elliott
09-14-2008, 01:03 AM
I'm not sure I needed to know how much I sweat every night.

There are some things about which I'd rather remain in blissful ignorance.

I'm just saying.....

Kristine, Southern girls call it "glowing." In the South only the guys sweat . . . and we do a lot of that. I'm sure Northern girls could glow instead of sweat, too. ;) :D

Paul

Paul Elliott
09-14-2008, 01:09 AM
I am in the mattress business but not new ones. I use a specially designed dry 4 stage system to clean and sanitize mattresses, carpets and soft furnishings.

There are a lot of contaminants in these items and we remove them to help people with dust mite and other allergies to have a healthier home. It also helps to reduce Asthma attacks in people as we remove the triggers from there home.

When you do the mattresses in a home, do you do the pillows free?

Paul

Dust Mite Man
09-14-2008, 03:44 PM
Hi Paul.

The pillows are done. I personally do up to 4 on a double and 2 on a single mattress free. The way I see it no point doing the mattress if you are going to put your head right on a contaminated item. Some companies do charge for the pillows but I just class it as added value.

As we are talking about pillows

The weight of a 2yr old pillow can comprise up to 10% dust mite excrement

cbscreative
09-14-2008, 08:55 PM
You're just full of good news facts, aren't you Dust Mite Man? :eek:

Paul Elliott
09-14-2008, 09:02 PM
The pillows are done. I personally do up to 4 on a double and 2 on a single mattress free. The way I see it no point doing the mattress if you are going to put your head right on a contaminated item. Some companies do charge for the pillows but I just class it as added value.

Good marketing position. And certainly good medical practice.

The weight of a 2yr old pillow can comprise up to 10% dust mite excrement

Several year ago I saw the statistic that after 10 years, 1/2 of the weight of a mattress was mite remains and excrement. Is that still correct?

Do you have any preventive process that delays that infestation?

Paul