PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Sellers?

pennylane
09-12-2010, 04:47 PM
Does anyone sell their product on Amazon? I have a software tutorial and I am considering it. Although their rules are really strict, I'm thinking the exposure would be great. Can anyone offer me advice based on their experience?

Spider
09-12-2010, 08:01 PM
My book,. "KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE PRIZE," is currently sold through Amazon. I didn't find any onerous "rules" - just the procedure I expected doing business with them. Everything was clear, they were helpful, everything went smoothly, no problems.

I don't know what "advice" you might be expecting.

greenoak
09-12-2010, 08:45 PM
we tried with no luck....we were trying to sell glass knobs.....not thru the book section of course.......
ann

Spider
09-12-2010, 08:51 PM
Through the glass knob section, no doubt. I had no idea Amazon have a glass knob section! =:-O

greenoak
09-12-2010, 08:59 PM
oh yes ...all kinds of stuff.... i forget what its called...not sure what oart the poster was considering...

Harold Mansfield
09-13-2010, 11:49 AM
I think it's going to depend on what you are selling. Obviously Amazon themselves are a third party reseller and have tons of reseller products on the site. If you can adhere to the rules, of course it's great exposure..I shop amazon religiously but tend to stay with products shipped directly by them. Most resellers don't have a great presentation or product descriptions and that makes a big difference to me.

I tall depends on the product. Some things may do better on Ebay.

KristineS
09-13-2010, 04:50 PM
We tried it a while back with a sporting goods product and didn't have a great deal of luck. I think you'd probably do well with books, dvds, cds, electronics and stuff like that. If it's something that is top of mind of Amazon you'll probably do well. If it's a more auxiliary product, like sporting goods, it might be a little more iffy.