PDA

View Full Version : The Find

airduck
09-10-2010, 02:33 PM
Has anyone used thefind.com for their products? It was recommended to me by a friend. It is a free shopping comparison website. I uploaded my products there 2 weeks ago and have been getting about 20 visits a day from their site. Since my website is less than 4 months old, I am grateful.

They accept googlefeeds. The issue that I am having is that there is little or not help. Some of my products have no pictures or the link is broken. Others have duplicates. I can't seem to find a way to delete or fix these.

Do you think that this site is worth it?

KristineS
09-10-2010, 04:26 PM
If I remember correctly, the program we use for our store offered a feed to the find website. I don't think we ever did much with it.

I don't know anyone who uses that site to comparison shop, but I'm sure people do. If you're getting visits from it then it's probably worth using. Of course you need to keep watch on how many of the visitors from that site are buying to see if it's really worth it.

As for the broken links etc, there should be a merchants portion of the site or something like that. You should also be able to edit your listings. Every other site we use allows that, so I'd be surprised if the find didn't. There is a link on the bottom menu called "Merchant Center". I'd check there and see what is available.

airduck
01-24-2011, 11:45 AM
Just to update. TheFind.com fixed their feed so that the Google XML product feed works for them. Now it is easy to upload products there. I put a coupon there for Christmas and had a few takers. I figure any free business is good.

If you don't have your products on Kaboodle, I would suggest that you put them there. It is free. It is not an upload but a link that you have to do one at a time. But then the products are searchable by anyone. I get about 100 hits a week from my products on Kaboodle.