PDA

View Full Version : Our first month

cbscreative
09-06-2008, 02:32 PM
I mentioned this in another thread, but today marks one month since we launched this site. As you might recall, that was a little over a day early when vangogh installed a plugin that opened the door without him meaning to yet, but everyone was patient as the kinks were being worked out, and the forum has been an amazing success.

We are so successful, that we even had our first Spam today. Thanks to Kristine for being the first one to catch it. We are watching with double barrel Spam blasters loaded and ready, and all members here are encouraged to report it in threads if they see it.

We're gaining members (currently 67) and have over 4000 posts. The best news is that the posts are real and useful, not just noise. Thank you to everyone for making it a great month!

Note to Karen: I was very careful not to call this thread "our 'firth' month" :D

billbenson
09-06-2008, 02:45 PM
I think congratulations are in order steve(s). I think you also, very quickly came up with a very clean site. Good categories, few bugs, etc.

Congrats again!

Evan
09-06-2008, 03:07 PM
Congratulations on our 'oneth' month!!!

KristineS
09-06-2008, 03:28 PM
It is so wonderful to see this site grow. It's also great to see the quality of information that is available here. Thanks to everyone who has joined us here. We really appreciate it.

Spider
09-06-2008, 04:30 PM
Well done, everyone! :)

CADesign
09-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Congrats Team!

From my perspective, it's really fun joining a forum in it's early stages so I can take part and watch it grow. (For some reason I don't feel like the outsider trying to fit in as is sometimes the case with well established forums)

Dave

KarenB
09-07-2008, 08:14 PM
Congrats Team!

From my perspective, it's really fun joining a forum in it's early stages so I can take part and watch it grow. (For some reason I don't feel like the outsider trying to fit in as is sometimes the case with well established forums)

Dave

Yes, what Dave said!

Karen

Paul Elliott
09-07-2008, 10:56 PM
Great work, folks! Thanks and keep it up!

Paul

vangogh
09-08-2008, 02:52 AM
I knew it was our anniversary, but was waiting to see if someone else would mention it. I had a feeling you'd remember Steve.

So far we seem to be doing pretty good. It's been a lot of hard work with a lot more work still to do, but I'd say we're off to a good start.

SteveC
09-08-2008, 03:43 AM
In life hard work often results in success... this forum in my opinion is already a success in that it brings together a lot of like minded people all wanting to succeed, to help others and basically to have a good time.

Well done to you all... the owners of this new site, the monderators and the members...

Steve B
09-08-2008, 04:16 AM
This place is off to an awesome start.

I just visited another business forum with 28,000 members. It only had nineteen visits yesterday - and only a handful of quality posts.

Leatherneck
09-08-2008, 06:15 AM
Wow! This community will always do well with the core of members it has. We all strive to make this a friendly community of people willing to help one another, and share there knowledge of life and business.

KristineS
09-08-2008, 08:10 AM
We all strive to make this a friendly community of people willing to help one another, and share there knowledge of life and business.

That's exactly the goal we're aiming for, Mak. I predict great things for this forum.

Leatherneck
09-08-2008, 08:22 AM
I believe in telling the truth Kristine. Thank you. :D

vangogh
09-08-2008, 11:35 AM
Steve I think the best thing we have going now is the quality. As we grow that may decline some, but hopefully we'll always have better quality than most.

Thanks Mak.

Logan
09-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Hello vangogh and all ... friendly wave from SBIF

vangogh
09-08-2008, 12:06 PM
Hey Chris. I just saw you register. Wave back to everyone at SBIF. It's been awhile since I've been there, but always enjoyed posting there. I think of SBIF as the model for what a small business forum should be.