PDA

View Full Version : Brand spankin' new!

ManagerMikeG
09-07-2010, 09:59 PM
Hey all,

So I just joined up with sbf. I'm an audio engineer/producer manager and within this past month we were able to move ourselves into an actual recording studio! (this is huge as we were recording/mixing/producing from the home we share)

I wanted to get a quick poll from the group reading this. At this moment, we are sharing the space with a design studio in town who went in on the lease with us. Our gameplan is to start up essentially an umbrella corporation for creative, arts-based companies and launch them as subsidiaries of this umbrella corp. Just off the top of your head, good idea or bad idea?

Thanks for any and all feedback. I look forward to contributing to a great forum.

Mike

PS - Any entreprenuers in the arts industry? Specifically anyone else working in the music biz?

cbscreative
09-07-2010, 10:16 PM
Welcome aboard, Mike. I'm not in the arts directly, but eborg should be passing through to say hello soon. He's somewhat connected to the music biz.

Spider
09-07-2010, 11:02 PM
Welcome aboard, Mike.

Patrysha
09-07-2010, 11:44 PM
I'm hoping to sign a local music client for publicity and promotions, but that's as close as I've gotten to the music industry...

vangogh
09-08-2010, 10:47 AM
Welcome to the forum Mike. Hard to say one way or the other whether your plan to set up under the umbrella corporation is a good idea or not. It certainly makes sense, though I don't know if any of us could really say good or bad without the details. But again it certainly makes sense.

Looking forward to getting to know you and thanks for joining the community.

KristineS
09-08-2010, 01:45 PM
Welcome to the forum Mike.

Harold Mansfield
09-08-2010, 07:29 PM
Hey Mike, welcome to the forum. Sounds like a cool idea..sort of like one stop..record and also have your promotional graphics done in the same place kind of thing?
Can't say that I'm in the music biz, I just have a music blog that is somewhat popular in it's niche, but I'm more than happy to offer an help that I can.

Lyrafire
09-09-2010, 12:07 PM
Congrats on the studio! I think the umbrella corp sounds like a good idea. Hopefully you're so busy doing artistic projects that you don't need to worry about supplementing your income, but just to put it out there: more and more businesses and entrepreneurs are realizing that website (and blog) videos are important sales tools. Maybe you could offer some kind of assistance to folks who want simple videos for their sites. Or maybe you could develop and sell a really cool plugin that does the work for the site-owner.

sequoiapayroll
09-15-2010, 06:15 PM
Welcome to the forums! We look forward to seeing you in the boards!