PDA

View Full Version : is there

greenoak
09-06-2010, 08:17 AM
is there anything as EASY AS STAT COUNTER out there , another tool to look at your website? it has to be easy....
thanks ann

Harold Mansfield
09-06-2010, 09:59 AM
I can't say that I know of another that is easier. What's the problem with Stat Counter?

greenoak
09-06-2010, 01:10 PM
no i like it....but i would look at something else too..just checking...

Harold Mansfield
09-06-2010, 01:30 PM
You could use Google Analytics (http://www.google.com/analytics/) to provide more detailed metrics about your traffic. It's not easier, but it is a little more accurate.

airduck
09-12-2010, 07:29 AM
Google Analytics. It is free, requires only a few seconds to set up and you can do lots with the information. You can set up goals, look for specific things such how people are getting to your website.

Spider
09-12-2010, 08:31 AM
Yes, And Google can do a lot with the information you provide them! No thanks! I avoid Google like the plague.

greenoak
09-12-2010, 09:46 AM
why spider?

Spider
09-12-2010, 11:03 AM
why spider?Because I believe Google collects as much information as they can on everyone who uses their services, stores that information, could easily (if they don't already) correlate it and build a very complete picture of any person who uses their services and use it for whatever purposes they choose. Google OWNs the information, not the person, and may do with it what they want. And - this is my main concern - you have no means of knowing what they know about you and have no means to correct any inaccuracies. Considering that many people have the same name, even living in the same town, and more than one person uses any one computer, I think the opportunity for inaccuracies to be hugh.

One of Googles stated maxims (stated by the press, at least) is, Do no evil! - Well, if that thought crossed their mind, what evil were they considering? And even if the present owners are beatiful and pure, can we be certain that future owners will be as pure?

greenoak
09-12-2010, 08:47 PM
oh....im sure you are right...what did we expect!! this isnt suprising to me.... i didnt figure there was a way around this if we are on the internet...
i m getting something new...totally customized ads popping up on my excite page....

Harold Mansfield
09-13-2010, 11:51 AM
Spider, you are absolutely correct about Google. It is what it is..an advertising medium. as is the web.

aedeeley
09-27-2010, 11:06 AM
I've been using w3counter for about 3 years now. Their free account is enough for me, but only tracks one website. It's up to the minute, has a click map and a lot of information about the visitor. Hope this helps!

W3Counter - Live Web Stats and Free Web Counter (http://w3counter.com)