PDA

View Full Version : i love the internets...

greenoak
08-31-2010, 06:56 AM
we are planning a fall event....and the advertizing is going to be to 1500 customers who have signed up for our emails .800 facebook fans and maybe 50$$ in facebook ads....so sweet and incrediblery cheap...as compared to our big events with 2000$ snail mail, counting cards and stamps to 4000 customers... and 5 or600$$in newspaper ads...
we are thinking this will be a smaller event than our other 4....but worth a try for sure....

KristineS
08-31-2010, 12:45 PM
Definitely worth a try to see how this method works vs. the methods you have tried in the past. The advantage of Facebook and e-mails is that you can tease the event a lot more, so your customers will get more frequent reminders.

I'll be interested to see what the response is. Make sure you keep us updated.

greenoak
08-31-2010, 03:15 PM
the scary part was having this so close to our big christmas event....about 6 weeks a part...i sure dont want to mess that one up....we count on a big 800 person response to that one...so im a little wary of doing this.... we got all the details in motion today for it...

KristineS
09-01-2010, 05:40 PM
The advantage with Facebook is that people can reply and let you know they're coming. You can also do multiple reminders. You also know that you can set up events on Facebook, right? You could list this event and ask people to RSVP and see who does.

greenoak
09-01-2010, 05:45 PM
i thought about that...i kind of forget how the event thing works..... we made our email note today...and our bag filler....
. how many posts a week do you think is right kristine? i dont want to over do it...
.we have a little s omethng to give away to our fb fans.......and i love the sound of FACEBOOK FREEBIE....

KristineS
09-02-2010, 02:22 PM
I think you can mention it as often as you want. The trick is to also interact with your followers and not just be constantly beating the drum about the event.

I like the sound of Facebook Freebie too, and that sort of thing is pretty popular.

greenoak
09-11-2010, 08:58 AM
we didnt set it up as an event on facebook...seemed a little presumptuous to me ...so far anyway...lol..im planning to for our christmas event tho...

first day of our event::....the coupons are confusing.... but we sold about 1k more than normal friday....!!! so sweet with no paid ads past the 20$$ facebook ad....
heres how one of my customers use coupons....well i dont have a computer but my daughter in chicago called me so can i use hers{the daughters]? then she wanted to use hers, hers that she would have gotten had she had a computer.....the coupon was for 10$ off of a 30$ item....this family has spent a LOT with us ofver the years so i said yes to everything ....
most of the others didnt bother to use theirs....but at least they came...
this was our first thing with just internet announcements.... for our 4 main events the advertizing starts with 900$$$$ in stamps and goes up from there..this is our mini event i guess you would call it...