PDA

View Full Version : DBA to LLC conversion

Marc
08-30-2010, 12:15 PM
I am looking to convert my current DBA to an LLC. Does the start date of the business carry over to the LLC or does it change to the date the LLC is formed.
Next, I will be starting what will be in effect a new LLC which will be working in conjunction with an established LLC brining with it, it's entire client base. The owner would be a member of my LLC and suggested a 65%- 35% split with me having the 65%. I am basically starting with nothing, he is bringing the client base and providing the initial vehicle(s). It is a Luxury Limousine Company which is going green under my LLC, which was my idea. The initial vehicles will be MB GL350 Blutech Diesels valued at 70K ea.

Business Attorney
08-30-2010, 02:15 PM
I am looking to convert my current DBA to an LLC. Does the start date of the business carry over to the LLC or does it change to the date the LLC is formed.

I'm not sure what you mean by the start date "of the business." For some purposes, when you are filling out a form asking when the "business" started, the answer may relate back to the time you started the business, not the LLC. For most purposes, though, when asked when the business began, it will probably mean the date the LLC was formed.