PDA

View Full Version : 45 Blog Post Ideas That Always Generate Buzz...

RealProfitStrategies
08-22-2010, 08:10 PM
Came across a great article by Adam Singer over at The Future Buzz and thought I'd share it here for anyone looking to generate more buzz for their blog (or just anyone looking for more ideas to write about).

Blog Post Ideas That Always Generate Buzz (http://thefuturebuzz.com/2009/02/16/blog-post-ideas-generate-buzz/)

A few of my favorites were:

34. Create a sense of urgency, for example write a post titled “How _____ is already reshaping the world” or “Why you need to know about ______ for future success”.

44. Write a post discussing things you can learn by studying “insert popular web personality here”. For example, you could do something like – “Identifying The Keys to Chris Brogan‘s Success” if you were in marketing – but make it industry specific. (or "10 Things Marketers Could Learn From Lady Gaga":D)

3. List the 101 essential people, sites, or posts in your niche.

vangogh
08-22-2010, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the link. I read the post awhile back and will recommend any post Adam writes. I'm subscribed to his blog also a friend of Adam's. And even if we weren't friends Adam writes some of the best posts about marketing and PR online.

One of my favorites from this post is

10. Create a series of posts unique to your site

I'd add that series in general are a good way to promote your blog posts, since they help create anticipation for each post in the series. Someone who reads and enjoys part one is going to be looking forward to part two.

KristineS
08-27-2010, 01:40 PM
I like the suggestion to write something to inspire or motivate your readers. Most of the posts I write for the company blogs are informational. It would be nice every once in a while to write something that was more inspirational. I'll have to think about that one a little more.

Definitely a good and useful list. There are a lot of good suggestions on it.

miscellanydee
10-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Thanks for the list. I'm terrible at keeping up with my blog, and am always looking for ways to use it to generate interest. I just can never seem to come up with anything interesting.

or interesting enough.

This will help, thanks. :)

vangogh
10-06-2010, 11:33 AM
Dee it takes a little time to get into a blogging rhythm. I find it helps to set a schedule for yourself. Decide how often you can reasonably post and be consistent. Say you think you can handle one post a week. Pick a day to publish each week and do what you can to publish that one post.

Ideas can come from anywhere. Reading other blogs in your industry helps since you can see what is working for others. After you've been blogging for awhile you'll start to see that any ordinary even can become a blog post. It's not easy at first to generate ideas, but it does get easier the more you blog.

CityVoice
11-16-2010, 09:41 AM
We've had a lot of luck with a How-to series or and explanation series in our blog posts. Keep it short though no more than 5-7. Also top 10 lists are always popular - like the article mentioned - short tidbits of information that are easily digested.

sharepointlex
01-06-2011, 10:35 AM
thx for the link.

i like this one:

8. Make a list of bite-size tips for your industry that are quick and useful.

vangogh
01-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Useful being the key word and sadly the one most often ignored when following this tip. Far too many sites will list quick and useless tips instead. The advice is good, but most people miss why it's good.