PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Copywriting Cheat Sheet

KristineS
09-05-2008, 11:13 AM
I found this list of copywriting resources (http://www.grokdotcom.com/2007/10/29/copywriting-101/) online and thought I would share. I haven't had time to make my way through the list yet, but it looks like there is some interesting stuff there.

Copyblogger and Problogger are both included in the Copywriting resources section. I don't read those blogs as often as I should, but they both come highly recommended.

So, given that this is a pretty exhaustive list, is there anything that you think was left off that should have been added. Do you have a secret copywriting resource you'd like to share with the rest of us?

vangogh
09-05-2008, 05:43 PM
I have that exact post bookmarked at Delicious and have for awhile. I'd forgotten about it though so thanks for the reminder.

I highly recommend both CopyBlogger and ProBlogger. CopyBlogger is more about copywriting within the context of your overall marketing. You'll learn a lot about both. ProBlogger is a blog about professional blogging. If you run a blog it's a must read. Everything you need to learn about blogging from how to write a post to how to make money with your blog can be found there. Two of the best blogs around.

I don't have any secret resources, but I'd be happy to learn what others are keeping secret.

orion_joel
09-13-2008, 08:45 PM
That looks like a good post over there, i think that it is going to be something that i am going to have to add to the long list of information to sort my way through. I guess that this is really the only problem with the internet, just the amount of information that you find and want to look at it quickly gets out of hand.

KristineS
09-17-2008, 10:19 PM
Yeah, Joel, the Internet is a mixed blessing. On one hand there is a lot more information that is available. On the other hand there's a lot more information that is available and you have to find the time to look at it all and sort the useful from the useless. It can be very time consuming.

vangogh
09-18-2008, 02:41 AM
We're living in an age where access to information is no longer an issue. The issue now is there's more information than we can absorb in the finite amount of time we have.

It's important to understand that since many of us are producing content and we want people to consume our information. What we're competing for is attention. You might create some great content about your topic, but so do many other people. It's not enough to create that content. You need to find a way to stand out and gain people's attention. Then you need to keep them coming back.

I think all the information is a good things. Much better than having no information. So much information puts the responsibility on each of us. It's up to us to decide which information is right for us in our situation. Having to sift through much of it also greatly increases your knowledge of the subject.

KristineS
09-18-2008, 11:01 AM
It's important to understand that since many of us are producing content and we want people to consume our information. What we're competing for is attention. You might create some great content about your topic, but so do many other people. It's not enough to create that content. You need to find a way to stand out and gain people's attention. Then you need to keep them coming back.

Such a good point, Vangogh. I think that's the main challenge that is going to face every business in the future. As more and more information is available, we are all going to have to work harder and be more innovative if we want our offerings to stand out.