PDA

View Full Version : Don't forget to update your facebook Custom pages. Changes in Dimensions.

Harold Mansfield
08-18-2010, 06:22 PM
If you don't know yet, Facebook has changed the dimensions of the custom FBML pages from 720px wide to (I think) 520px.

It's a pain in the butt,especially if you have a lot of graphics, but if you haven't updated your dimensions, your pages are likely all cut off and looks weird now.

vangogh
08-18-2010, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the info. I don't currently have a custom page with Facebook, but still good to know and I know others here do have the page.

greenoak
08-18-2010, 07:41 PM
thanks ...whats fbml? we have a ton of pictures on ours.... has it happened already...?
ann

Harold Mansfield
08-18-2010, 08:31 PM
FBML is just Facebook's version of HTML. If you didn't build a page with your own HTML you don't have to worry about it..everything native to Facebook, and internal apps and such will be automatically updated and resized.

It's only an issue if you have a custom page with your own code and graphics.

..and I might add that it sucks. You basically have to just rebuild the whole page, or copy your code into an editor because trying to make dimension changes everywhere they need to be in that little code window that they give you to work in is excruciating.

greenoak
08-18-2010, 10:09 PM
sounds awful .....
maybe its a sign they want you using their system...
dh is struggeling with thunderbird...but doesnt have any questions...we have our computers on a complicated network...between 3 locations.....

Spider
08-18-2010, 10:59 PM
I couldn't figure out what they wanted us to do, so decided to wait until the change takes place and then repair or delete entirely. Time will tell.

Harold Mansfield
08-18-2010, 11:12 PM
Here's a decent article about the changes as it pertains to marketers:
3 Ways Facebook's Pending Page Changes Affect Marketers (http://blog.hubspot.com/blog/tabid/6307/bid/6392/3-Ways-Facebook-s-Pending-Page-Changes-Affect-Marketers.aspx)

prettyimpress
08-22-2010, 09:16 AM
Today I got an invitation from facelook, a website look like facebook. Any one heard about it?