PDA

View Full Version : thanks

greenoak
08-18-2010, 09:55 AM
thanks to whoever gets to clean up all the spam this morning...ikkk...

Spider
08-18-2010, 10:59 AM
For a moment, I thought I was back at the old forum!!!!

cbscreative
08-18-2010, 11:32 AM
Vangogh strikes again! He's a spam swatting robot! But, WOW, we did get hit hard.

Patrysha
08-18-2010, 11:44 AM
I guess sleeping in today paid off...I missed it all by the time I visited the first time this morning.

vangogh
08-19-2010, 02:05 AM
First thing I do when I wake up in the morning (well after making a pot of coffee) is check the forum and clean out any spam that arrived while I was sleeping. (I swear I really do sleep, though not a lot). Last thing I do before going to sleep is check the forum for spam. The home page of the forum is open in at least one tab in my browser at all times in between so I'm never far away and I check in on the place throughout the day.

This morning a drive by spammer left about a dozen posts. I think it was only a couple hours before I woke up so it didn't last too long.

prettyimpress
08-19-2010, 06:02 AM
What happened? It seems someone make troubles here.

nealrm
08-19-2010, 08:04 AM
Vangogh, I though you were like those guys on the x-files. Eating and sleeping at the computer.

I agree with the coffee. I don't do anything before the coffee. Otherwise my posts will make no sense (as opposed to very little sense)

vangogh
08-19-2010, 12:56 PM
I don't do anything before the coffee.

Without my coffee I might accidentally ban everyone except the spammers. I might even ban myself. :) Actually something like that kind of happened. I was once blocking IPs and had accidentally copied my own IP. Next thing you know I had no access to the place. Restarting my modem assigned me a new IP address and I was good to go. Otherwise I was going to have to find my IP in the database and remove it from the banned list.