PDA

View Full Version : now what...facebook

greenoak
08-15-2010, 09:48 AM
Login | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/pages/Rochester-IN/Green-Oak-Antiques/128260302593?__a=3&ajaxpipe=1) we have 799 fans on our facebook....its so new and different ...i know its a great tool ... but i feel like a loose cannon and really dont know the guidelines for using it.... right now im going for 2 or 3 posts a week.... and they seem to like pictures... i hope for content about them but its hard to get away from me me me....its hurting my blog tiome...but t he fans are so much more local on facebook, it feels right spending the time on it instead fo the blog...altho i love the blog too...... i know FB is a good thing with my tARGET CUSTOMER....the customers talk about it in the store some...
any good examples out there for me to look at? or wild ideas for me?
ann

lav
08-15-2010, 07:35 PM
I think your facebook page is a fantastic example of how a business can connect with its customers through social media. You've done very well with it. In regards to your blog I would suggest continue to blog but of course make your blog posts in lot more depth than your facebook posts (I didnt go to your blog). You can then use your facebook page and post just as you are now but link your facebook posts to your blog posts. Keep adding pics to facebook they are obviously working well.

Its good that you are looking to take the next step with it also. I think you should get your video camera out and start making some good vids to post on your wall (facebookers love video). You can also post these vids to your blog......

Harold Mansfield
08-15-2010, 08:14 PM
I suggest you look at some other local businesses and see what they are doing to engage customers. Restaurants ( if they have it figured out) have been getting very good at this. If you don't see any local examples, try checking out chain restaurants.

greenoak
08-15-2010, 08:48 PM
will do....on the resturants...
lav, i know they would like videos..oh great another learning curve....
ann

Blessed
08-16-2010, 12:28 AM
This is a local antique mall that is doing really well with promotions on Facebook around here: As-Time Goes-By | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/AsTimeGoesBy.GreenwoodMO)

greenoak
08-16-2010, 08:23 AM
thanks jenn...
has anyone used the facebook ads? we are starting to think going for impressions is better than clicks....... any thoughts on that?