PDA

View Full Version : Housing the luxury in a number of ways

sumarman
08-07-2010, 06:15 AM
The increase in the number of luxury homes, also suggest the increase in the demand for the same. The increase in the demand also suggests the transition of human mentality of a home, which was a mere shelter in the beginning and now it has outgrown the expected limits and stands at the foothills of luxury. Homes are being more and more luxurious as the area or the square feet in which it was built is also getting extended, but that too is considered today as a part of luxury. Today each and very home if we look at, might have a glimpse of luxury. The large rooms, excessive use of wood and even the fixtures which forms a part of the interior design of a home also accounts for the luxury.

Today just like the details of the real estate owners and the brokers are available on the respective websites the details of the luxury and the non-luxury homes are also available on the respective websites of the builders. The details of the builder, his projects, the price of the house, the specifications, advantages, accessibility, and every necessary detail is made available along with the contact numbers for further query. This has also helped the consumer to get the details just at his fingertips. Though today each and every house thus built will carry a glimpse of luxury along with it, only certain houses are called to be luxurious among them.

The luxury homes are usually well designed, as it gathers almost double the space of a normal house. Nature also plays a great role in luxury, as man is today taking the nature for granted to add more value to the built house. Thus the waterfront house, from which the rare sunset view will turn your window panels to glow, also becomes a part of luxury in the city areas. Thus for the **spam link deleted** have to set the space for a home theatre and fitness center as well, which nowadays are the ineradicable features of a luxury home. The centralized air-conditioning mechanism and the tray ceilings not only add luxury but set a rich and beautiful atmosphere for the visitor at a glance.

Dan Furman
08-07-2010, 12:47 PM
Just take note folks: this is what many "SEO Experts" do for you.

cbscreative
08-07-2010, 09:55 PM
Thanks, Dan. Vangogh deleted this thread, but I thought just for fun, we should leave it up at least for a while (with the spam link deleted of course). The reason I want to leave it is to demonstrate the lame link building techniques many business people receive when they hire these bozos. Normally, we quickly purge this kind of sludge from the forum just to spare the members. But maybe we should showcase it it once in a while. Hire the cheap link building gurus, and this is what you are paying for. Behold, the lameness of cheap SEO. Other than the spam link, the above is unedited. We get a LOT of this!

Once in awhile, we should put our spam on display just to show what many people are getting when they hire unscrupulous link building companies and so called SEO experts. Just think, someone paid money for this link. This is actually the result of a prevalent business model. Nice, eh? OK, I'll stop now, but I couldn't resist putting up a public service announcement. Let the buyer beware!

I agree, Dan, word of this needs to get out. So for that reason, we'll have some fun exposing this ploy.

Harold Mansfield
08-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Even more detrimental is the risk that you are taking by letting these types of services drop your link all over the place.
I also get this all of the time on a couple of blog networks that are still in development and it has been relentless from some of these bozos..so much so that it has caused me to report the website (the link that they are dropping) to the host for spamming or the affiliate link to the company (which is a direct identifier or who you are) that it is from...another big risk that you take in the quest to build cheap backlinks.

In my experience, most of these type of companies are operating outside of the U.S.with India being the main culprit, at least based on the IP addresses that I am continuously blocking and the broken American English of the articles...and solicit services mainly on webmaster forums.

I highly recommend that anyone who is thinking about it stay away from them

vangogh
08-11-2010, 12:00 PM
Once in awhile, we should put our spam on display just to show what many people are getting when they hire unscrupulous link building companies and so called SEO experts

All you're doing is making it easy for the person to spider the forum and see that their post is public. They see that they think they're posts make it through and they'll hit us up with more spam. There's really no constructive reason to leave a post like this public.

You're also condemning an entire industry based on the actions of some. Yes there are some SEOs who offer no value and are taking your money in exchange for spamming the web. It's not the entire industry. Your comments come across like it is the entire industry. We can say exactly the same thing about web designers, copywriters, and WordPress developers. Each has it's share of honest businesses and business that will rip you off.

Also the people who would hire the OP are not going to be dissuaded by seeing a post like this. People hire spam companies like this because they're looking for instant results and want to believe the promises these companies make. Seeing a post like this doesn't change either of those things.

We can leave this post since this thread might lead to an interesting discussion now that the four of us have posted. In the future though, just leave the deleted posts deleted.

cbscreative
08-11-2010, 02:11 PM
Vangogh, if I somehow implied that this represents an entire industry, then I publicly apologize. That was not the intent at all.

Although I agree that many people would not be dissuaded from hiring cheap SEO companies even after seeing this discussion, I believe it can help. In my discussions with other business owners, they are often genuinely interested in knowing why these types of deals may or may not be a good idea. There are still a LOT of small businesses that are either just getting their feet wet on the Internet, or are just beginning to realize the value of being online. In those early stages, they have no idea how the web works, and are often susceptible to being taken in.

In discussions on other forums, I have often been thanked for answering questions of this nature and demonstrating how some of these ploys work. The average small biz owner does not think like us web guys do. What seems elementary to us can be revolutionary to them. There are two kinds of seekers: those who look only to support their position, and those who really want to learn. The second group has the most to gain and this thread has the potential to help them.

I've had a surprising number of recent discussions about things very similar to this thread. But I see your reasoning, and will not resurrect anything you want to kill.

vangogh
08-11-2010, 06:00 PM
Oh I definitely never thought you were implying all SEOs were crooks or anything like that. Sorry on my part too. It's when I see phrases like this used

so called SEO experts

I think people reading that might then take it as anyone who's an SEO instead of the certain side of the industry you're referring to. I know the difference and you know the difference, but I don't think everyone out there does.

I guess there's really nothing wrong with putting this thread back. It does help illustrate what the bad side of the industry looks like and can also promote a healthy discussion. I wrote my post above before my morning coffee was ready so I was probably a little grumpy at the time. :)

cbscreative
08-11-2010, 09:26 PM
Yeah, my wording in my first post above could seem testy too. I get a little irritated that people are being taken for a ride with stuff like this, and the fact we get to clean up a lot of what some believe is SEO. I should say you get to clean it up. I usually only see a little crumb here and there. You're the one who is seemingly always pushing a broom somewhere around the shop.

I did a little poking around the .com the other day just out of curiosity with this being 2 years for us. What a wasteland (spammers paradise). They still rank #1 for small business forum too, but it's been a long time since I checked and noticed we have the #3 spot.

vangogh
08-12-2010, 02:08 AM
I know you get irritated with this stuff and with good reason. Believe me I send far too much of my time having to clean out spam like the original post that it annoys me too. And in all honesty the SEO industry probably has a little more than it's fair share of con artists. Part of that is the average person has no clue what seo is so it's easy to talk them into paying for bad services. It's why I do my best to explain it as best as I can so people can make educated decisions.

The other side of the coin is that far too many people are looking for the quick results and want to be talked into buying spam services. It's amazing how many people want to pay me $100 so I can make them millions. A lot of the con artists exist because they present exactly what people are looking for. Little cost and no work for the promise of great results.

And unfortunately seo is something that has no definitive answers since the search engines naturally can't tell us exactly what we need to do. There's a part of the industry that always remains inside a black box so it becomes easy to talk people into paying for bad services.

What I find with the spam we get here it's a mix. Some is bad seo companies looking to drop links for clients. Some is spammers trying to promote their own stuff, usually affiliate products.

As for the .com it's sad what happened to that place. Every so often I get curious and take a look at what things are like there. It's a complete cesspool at this point. The fact that it still ranks well in search engines shows you how poor some of their algorithms really are.

cbscreative
08-12-2010, 12:22 PM
I agree there are the proverbial fools with their money and they are in abundant supply. That's one area where I believe the old expression give the people what they want is trading integrity for money. Sure, it can be rationalized that your just supplying a demand, but I believe trading principle for profit is always a raw deal. But that's the world we live in, so it certainly stays true to its pattern. I've discovered a path to great blessing, so I'm not willing to trade it off.

Like you though, I still get annoyed by those who are willing to behave this way.

We can always hope though that Google will rethink its age authority and realize places like the .com don't stay true to their original purpose. I suspect it will happen eventually.

vangogh
08-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Google obviously does a pretty good job ranking web pages and fighting spam as do the other engines. I'm always amazed they can return any results. Unfortunately search engines are also businesses. Nothing wrong with that of course, but it's unfortunate in that sometimes they don't have the incentive to make the results better for us. They do that only if it also aligns with their bottom line.

Google through their PageRank algorithm created a mass link economy online. Because of that we get people doing anything for links including spamming forums like ours. I think the use of links is a good metric for determining which pages to show in results, but Google and others could do a better job. For example how many spam sites are running AdSense. Wouldn't it seem like Google could easily get rid of all those sites and clean up tons of spam? Of course Google makes a ton of money from those spamsense sites, which probably explains their continued existence.

When you think about Google allowing those sites to exist it makes me feel less angry toward someone using black hat techniques that are outside search engine guidelines. It seems hypocritical for Google to say one is bad, while allowing the other to exist.