PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Portugal!

Frederico Rogeiro
07-23-2010, 12:30 AM
Hi, Friends,

I'm Frederico, 36, from Lisboa. Greetings to you all!
I've been working in a collection of drawings and I'm about to start an online business. In a few days I will let you know more about it and ask for your opinion.
So, the themes on this forum are all very near to my interests.

IŽll be very happy to make good friends around the world!
See you soon!

vangogh
07-23-2010, 12:52 AM
Welcome to the forum Frederico. I love looking at drawings so please do share if you'd like. Do you have a website? I'm guessing you either do have one or will have one soon if you're looking to set up online. If you already have one feel free to add a forum signature with a link back to your site. Looking forward to getting to know you better and thanks for joining the community.

hdm
07-23-2010, 04:24 AM
Bom dia, Frederico.

I have just returned from a 2 week holiday in the Beja region. We stayed in a house that is a converted school (Escola Primaria). It was often nearly 40degrees, so we drove south a few times for a dip in the ocean, and made it to the west coast in Zambujeira.

Even though I struggled with the language, we found the people very friendly and welcoming.

Good to meet you here, and I also look forward to seeing your drawings.

Spider
07-23-2010, 09:01 AM
Welcome aboard, Frederico.

cbscreative
07-23-2010, 12:01 PM
Welcome to the group. As you stated, I think you'll fit in nicely here, and we look forward to offering help and advice as you pursue your biz. Congrats on your decision to work for yourself.

Frederico Rogeiro
07-25-2010, 06:17 PM
Thank you for your generous welcome.
Vangogh, I'm building a site for the online business, yes. But before that, I'm finishing a brief presentation just to get some feedback. And that I hope to have ready in just a few days.

vangogh
07-26-2010, 03:49 AM
Glad we could make you feel welcome. Definitely share the presentation with us when it's ready. We're always happy to offer feedback. Same for the site. We have a number of designers/developers here and plenty of website users, all with opinions.

cbscreative
07-26-2010, 12:17 PM
all with opinions.

Say it ain't so, vangogh... :)

You might be surprised how much I keep mine to myself.

Frederico Rogeiro
07-26-2010, 04:02 PM
Van Gogh, I'll be most happy to give my honest feedback too, for those who seek it, sometimes it is important.
I'm most interested in cbscreative's opinion. Haha!

KristineS
07-26-2010, 04:06 PM
Welcome to the forum!

vangogh
07-26-2010, 04:25 PM
You might be surprised how much I keep mine to myself.

You may keep your opinions to yourself at times, but you do have them :)

cbscreative
07-26-2010, 04:47 PM
You may keep your opinions to yourself at times, but you do have them :)

Can't argue with logic like that.

Frederico Rogeiro
07-30-2010, 04:32 AM
Thanks, Kristine!
I'll just complete my introduction with some evidence! A self-portrait. :)

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy232/fighum/caricatura.jpg

cbscreative
07-30-2010, 02:08 PM
Cool, I like that.

vangogh
07-30-2010, 03:35 PM
That is pretty cool. Nice work. What did you use to draw?

Frederico Rogeiro
07-30-2010, 05:32 PM
Thank you, IŽm happy you like it. :)
I used colored pencils, Vangogh.

cbscreative
07-30-2010, 10:40 PM
I figured that was colored pencil. I took an interest in that back in the early 90's. It quickly became my favorite medium. Sketching in color...I love it.

You have a great grasp of lighting, contrast, texture, and shading. All the dimension comes to life in the drawing.

Frederico Rogeiro
08-01-2010, 03:35 AM
Thanks, Steve. I try caricatures have realistic expression and resemblence, and those things you mentioned must be used for that.
I really prefer drawing to painting, in any medium. I'm more comfortable now in my collection just with graphite.

vangogh
08-02-2010, 12:15 AM
I thought it might be colored pencils. Nowadays you always have to wonder if it was done digitally too since there are so many amazing tools. I'll echo what Steve said too. Definitely a great grasp of light, texture, shading, etc.

When I draw I tend to use a single pencil or pen. I like to build up different values of gray with crosshatching and similar.