PDA

View Full Version : Miss you guys!

Blessed
07-21-2010, 09:37 AM
I'm just coming up for air for a few minutes today - being Mommy to two kids under 3 yrs old while you put in 40-50 hrs a week at home and doing all those other things - laundry, cooking, cleaning, gardening... is tough. Fortunately that intensity of work only happens for about 6 weeks during the summer and we're half-way through then I should be back to my 10 to 20 hours a week - I think I'll need a day or two off at the end of this stint though!

Next year I'm thinking about hiring somebody during this time of the year to come in and watch my kids for me part of the day while I work. For my sanity I think it would be worth the expense. That and then maybe I could have more than 4 hours of sleep a night! Right now I'm working until midnight or 1 in the morning and am getting up at 5:30 when Hubby gets up for work. I'm drinking too much coffee and eating too much chocolate to keep myself going!

Anyway - just popping in over here for a quick break this morning, now I'm off to see how many threads I can catch up on in a 1/2 hour!

cbscreative
07-21-2010, 12:05 PM
Go girl! It sounds like you are living up to your rep as "crazy dog" so congrats on keeping your sanity. For encouragement, it does pass...it's a season. Although I stay busy now, it's nothing like a few years ago. I look back at that and wonder how I did it. Then I'm thankful that being in my 40's I was able to do it. Many people my age don't have the stamina, so I am "blessed" just like you are. Welcome back for a breath of air.

vangogh
07-21-2010, 12:07 PM
C'mon Jenn. What's more important, the kids or us? :)

Nice to have you around even if it's just for a bit.

Blessed
07-21-2010, 12:28 PM
Well.... :D

At times over the past two weeks I think Hubby and the kids both think that my clients are more important than they are... oh well! I'm thankful to have the work.

KristineS
07-21-2010, 03:44 PM
Nice to see you Jenn. I guess it's a mixed blessing to be busy, but still better than not.

hdm
07-23-2010, 09:29 AM
Hello Jenn.

It sounds like things are a bit crazy there for you. Make sure you take good care of yourself, and try to take a break.