PDA

View Full Version : New website, what do you think?

ndlandis
07-15-2010, 04:33 PM
Hey!

I haven't been here in a while but I've revamped my website and thought I'd see what you guys think. Any feedback would be great, good or bad, I can take it!

Home (http://www.questvas.com)

Thanks again.

Norma

Paper Shredder Clay
07-15-2010, 05:48 PM
Not bad but I don't understand the thick black border around every image. Your website's main content is light in nature, get rid of the thick black borders and replace with a thin black border or different color, maybe the light green color.

vangogh
07-15-2010, 08:37 PM
Nice to see you again Norma.

I'll echo the not bad and raise it to a pretty good. Overall I think the site has a nice feel to it. I'd suggest not making all the text bold. Bold is for emphasis and by bolding everything nothing gets emphasis. It only makes things a little harder to read. Remove the bold except for the few items you need to emphasize.

Why no pictures of you. I see other people on the site, but not you. If I'm going to hire you I'd rather see an image of you. I also agree with the borders. For most of the images borders aren't necessary. When you need a border try a thinner one.

On the resources page you have some text (Virtual Assistant Rate Comparison Calculator) underlined that isn't a link. That's going to confuse people. That's the kind of text you could add bold to if the rest of the text were normal weight. And speaking of links, sometimes you have them in the same black text as everything else (Pricing page). Convention calls for links to be blue. They don't have to be blue of course. In fact I like your use of green on many other links in the site, though I might have gone with a slightly darker green.

I like the calculator on the resources page and also the links to the PDFs. Nice touch. And of course I like the link and recommendation back here. Thanks. :)

Overall good job.

ndlandis
07-16-2010, 01:09 PM
Thanks for all the input. I did the bold thing and the big border because everybody said my last sight had too much content and was hard to read. Really with half of the text gone it just looked a little bare, I was trying to fill it up a little. I guess I took the wrong approach. That link should have been green like the rest of them, I'll get on that. Thanks again for all the input. I'm still just getting my feet wet and any advice is great advice! :D

Norma

KristineS
07-16-2010, 03:08 PM
I think this is much better. It's lighter and the text is easier to read. I have to second the others who are saying they don't care for the black border around the pictures though. I think the site would look better without it.

vangogh
07-16-2010, 07:36 PM
too much content and was hard to read

The solution is usually more space and perhaps a larger font or different font. I'm simplifying, but if you add more space around paragraphs (not too much) and space between the text and other elements on the page it helps readability.

Designs&Details
09-10-2010, 05:40 PM
I am a virtual assistant too, nice to "meet" you! I'm not crazy about the terms & conditions section. It's a bit off-putting. I would save that for your contract, once someone is ready to book you. It doesn't sell you.

Love the calculator on your resources page. Clever!

cbscreative
09-13-2010, 11:09 PM
Welcome, Stephanie. I recommend you start your own intro thread in the Intros section (http://www.small-business-forum.net/introduce-yourself/). As for our TOS, it's necessary to assure the most benefit to everyone in the community. Not everyone who shows up here has good intentions, so we need rules. We're not selling anything, so no one needs to book us, but we trust you will have an enjoyable experience here. That's the real purpose of the rules.

vangogh
09-14-2010, 12:10 PM
Steve I don't think Stephanie was commenting on the forum. I believe she was commenting on Norma's site.

cbscreative
09-14-2010, 01:18 PM
Yeah, that does make more sense. :o

Good thing I went to bed shortly after making that post.