PDA

View Full Version : Hi - New member here

bones-genealogy
07-13-2010, 07:18 PM
My name's Katie, I'm 31 years old and I live in North East Wales. I've been unemployed for quite a while now and have started to look at the possibility of setting up my own business. I chose my username as I will shortly be setting up a website with the same name: my business idea is a genealogy (family tree research for the uninitiated ;)) research firm.

vangogh
07-14-2010, 02:17 AM
Welcome to the forum Katie. I think a few of us got started in business under similar circumstances. I know I did. Interesting idea. Genealogy is certainly popular so there will be a large market for your research services. I assume it's something you feel passion about too.

I'm glad you decided to join and say hello and thanks for joining the community.

Business Attorney
07-14-2010, 11:26 AM
Welcome to SBF, Katie. I've been doing genealogy myself, off and on, for more than 40 years. I'll be interested to hear your plans for turning your interest into a business.

cbscreative
07-14-2010, 11:32 AM
Welcome, and congrats on the decision to pursue having your own biz. You found a good resource full of many levels of experience. Enjoy.

KristineS
07-14-2010, 12:39 PM
Welcome to the forum. I think genealogy research would be an interesting business. I'll be interested to hear how it goes.

prova.fm
07-14-2010, 07:26 PM
Hi Katie,

Glad to have you here. What's the "bones" part of your username about?

-David

rezzy
07-19-2010, 11:16 AM
Welcome to the forums!

Spider
07-19-2010, 12:46 PM
Welcome aboard, Katie.

hdm
07-20-2010, 09:34 AM
Welcome along, Kate.

It sounds a great idea. My uncle does genealogy, and recently did one for me on my father's side - fascinating.

bones-genealogy
08-14-2010, 03:15 PM
Hi Katie,

Glad to have you here. What's the "bones" part of your username about?

-David

Whoops, sorry for ignoring this thread for ages - I have actually been working for the past month on a temporary contract which I am loving, but am eager to find something more permanent, whether that be working for myself or someone else. As for bones-genealogy, that will be the name of my website when I get around to setting it up.

I shall endeavour to be more active on these forums from now on :)

Katie

vangogh
08-16-2010, 02:16 AM
No worries Katie. We're glad you decided to come back.