PDA

View Full Version : Hello World!

A-L-I-E-N
07-13-2010, 12:18 AM
Hello! My name is Dmitriy, and I'm the generel designer in Website Restoration company. Our company is engaged in development and promote websites. But! The peculiarity lies in the fact that we are the only ones who proposes to restore the website. And the only ones who make a very beautiful sites. That simply out of competition

And yet we have a very interesting rules. The customers don't owe anything to us. That is, the customer pays in the end. When he see the finished full version of project posted in the Internet.
But if the result did not please him, he can simply abandon our work and just forget about us.

We want the Internet has become more beautiful and attractive.

Thanx =)

vangogh
07-13-2010, 12:56 AM
Welcome to the forum Dmitry. Always good to have another web designer here. I'd like to think there are more of us who make beautiful sites than just your one company though. I think a lot of us would like to make the web more beautiful.

Thanks for joining the community.

A-L-I-E-N
07-13-2010, 02:46 AM
Yes of course ... But the basis of our sites is FLASH. And presently, I think it is a very solidly.

Thank you for accepting to the forum!

Moreover, I am sure there are many sites that have been created a lot of time ago(or was the made unsuccessful), but to create a new, modern website today is expensive. Therefore, we devised a service restoration.

Dear vangogh, sorry but I thought what you help and support your guests of the forum. And assistance in business development. It is the goal of creating your resource? Do not you?

Thanx! And sorry if I have understood something wrong =)

vangogh
07-13-2010, 03:10 AM
Yes this place is definitely meant to help and support members of the forums and guests of the forum. Sorry if anything I said didn't come across that way. We also like to discuss things and offer different points of view. If you read through some of the threads here you'll see we often get into heated discussions with each other, but in the end we all like each other and things usually don't get too heated.

I think restoring websites is a great idea. There are a lot of sites built years ago that are in need of an update. I'll disagree that Flash is the way to go for most of them. I think Flash has some advantages, but it's not necessary to build a beautiful site and while it has some advantages it also has some disadvantages. Usually Flash sites cost more, though it sounds like you offer a good deal to people by not requiring them to pay unless they are happy with the site. You're taking a lot of risk out the decision to hire you which is good for both you and your customers.

A-L-I-E-N
07-13-2010, 03:38 AM
Thank you very much for your reply. I am sorry that I so wildly took your message.

Sometimes we need to argue. Because in a dispute born truth =)

As for risk, so it is, I think this is the best way to declare the prestige of our company. If we can afford such a risk, then we are really serious company. It works on a client's subconscious. And this is a great way to artificially raise the prestige) Not to mention the site itself. Appearance which leaves all competitors behind))

Spider
07-13-2010, 08:17 AM
Welcome aboard, Dmitriy.

cbscreative
07-13-2010, 12:42 PM
Welcome, Dmitriy. I'm kind of wondering how long you have been using your business model, as well as how well it's working. It seems to me you take a lot of risk.

One reason I ask is because of something usually called "feature creep" which I discovered many years ago in this business. IOW, you decide on a price for the work, but along the way, the client's "wish list" begins to grow and they expect think everything is included unless you make it clear otherwise from the beginning. Many designers get burned out unless they know to put in checks and balances and prepare for feature creep in advance. How do you deal with this in your business model?

vangogh
07-13-2010, 01:39 PM
No worries Dmitry. No need to apologize.

As far as the risk is concerned are you able to use any design someone doesn't purchase? Either as something to customize for another client or for resale as a theme or template. Both would help minimize any risk of customers deciding they didn't want to pay after you had finished the work.

A-L-I-E-N
07-13-2010, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the tips. But... A model is arranged very simply! And even works very well! We have developed this model 6 years ago. You just need to not be afraid to take risks. The customer feels it, and subconsciously aware the prestige of our firm.

We approached the problem from the standpoint of psychology, not profits. But! The main factor is a design. When a customer sees the finished result, he simply can not refuse ;)
To do this we needed to find a very good designers. And psychologists.

What do we do with these 9 procents who refused to... Very simple ...
1. Sell websites to competitors that sells templates.
2. Edit the site for another client.

depends on working capital. But do not forget about depreciation is foreseen. In our business, depreciation is not highly important in its entirety. And this is covers that risk =)

A-L-I-E-N
07-13-2010, 05:08 PM
But the prestige of doing the basic work. Client feels the solidity of the firm, and from this his opinion completely conquered by us.

A-L-I-E-N
07-13-2010, 05:15 PM
Sorry for my English... Now I study Japanise, and yet I'm fluent speak in Russian and Ukrainian languages. By this, I often make mistakes because sometimes confused... I hope you are will treat with understanding. Thanx =)

vangogh
07-14-2010, 01:40 AM
Makes sense. Good to see it's working for you. I know a lot of people would be afraid to offer the same kind of thing, but you're proving it can be a successful way to do business.

When I think of my own business, very rarely do clients want me to create another design than the one I offer to them. I probably could offer the same kind of guarantee to people where they only if they like. Something to consider.

A-L-I-E-N
07-14-2010, 02:36 AM
People like when you trust them.

vangogh
07-14-2010, 11:08 AM
True. It also makes them trust you back.