PDA

View Full Version : Just sharing new company website.

vinese
07-09-2010, 12:22 AM
Hey Everybody,

Saw the section on the forum and was just going to share a new site. It's pretty much finished. This site is just for the land listings my company offers.

I'm about to get the same company to redo my residential site also. They make some nice eye candy, and have a great back end console for management. They are also fast and pretty affordable.

Almost forgot the link (http://www.thesouthernlandgroup.com/)

Thanks for viewing!

vangogh
07-09-2010, 01:12 AM
Very first impression is it looks nice and professionally done. I'm saying that after looking at the site for all of 10 seconds. Now back for more.

I like the color scheme. Earth tones fit well with selling land. Same for the stitching around the navigation and the headings, etc. The design does a good job capturing the feeling of the land you're selling. I'm looking around and everything is really well done. The copy on the home page reads well and I think works well to get people more interested. Even the social media icons blend nicely into the design and reinforce what the site is about.

Just to nitpick the welcome paragraph into 2 paragraphs. It feels a little long, especially since it's made narrower next to the image. I think it would look better visually as 2 paragraphs, but again I'm nitpicking.

On the Our Company page the caption for the image still reads "Image title and info" Seems like you forget to remove that part or add the text you want to show. Also on the page I'll again suggest shorter paragraphs. Usually 2-3 sentences for online copy. People tend not to read long blocks of text online. Same thing on the other pages.

The site's easy to navigate. I might not ask for so much information on the contact form. Generally each thing to a form makes it a little less likely someone will fill it out. I like keeping contact forms as simple as possible. Name, email, and comment. You can always get the rest of the information you want in follow up emails.

The only other thing I can think of is you show a couple of blog posts on the home page, but otherwise no links to the blog. Why not promote it more. A link in the main navigation would seem a natural. I take it that it's not included there since it wouldn't fit. I would think you could remove the word Lifestyle from Lifestyle Properties for Sale in order to fit in a link to Blog or Our Blog.

Overall great job.

vinese
07-09-2010, 08:11 PM
Very first impression is it looks nice and professionally done. I'm saying that after looking at the site for all of 10 seconds. Now back for more.

I like the color scheme. Earth tones fit well with selling land. Same for the stitching around the navigation and the headings, etc. The design does a good job capturing the feeling of the land you're selling. I'm looking around and everything is really well done. The copy on the home page reads well and I think works well to get people more interested. Even the social media icons blend nicely into the design and reinforce what the site is about.

Just to nitpick the welcome paragraph into 2 paragraphs. It feels a little long, especially since it's made narrower next to the image. I think it would look better visually as 2 paragraphs, but again I'm nitpicking.

On the Our Company page the caption for the image still reads "Image title and info" Seems like you forget to remove that part or add the text you want to show. Also on the page I'll again suggest shorter paragraphs. Usually 2-3 sentences for online copy. People tend not to read long blocks of text online. Same thing on the other pages.

The site's easy to navigate. I might not ask for so much information on the contact form. Generally each thing to a form makes it a little less likely someone will fill it out. I like keeping contact forms as simple as possible. Name, email, and comment. You can always get the rest of the information you want in follow up emails.

The only other thing I can think of is you show a couple of blog posts on the home page, but otherwise no links to the blog. Why not promote it more. A link in the main navigation would seem a natural. I take it that it's not included there since it wouldn't fit. I would think you could remove the word Lifestyle from Lifestyle Properties for Sale in order to fit in a link to Blog or Our Blog.

Overall great job.

Very good points!

Thanks so much for reviewing it for me. You brought up some very valid points. I will forward them to the design guys.

I'm not sure why they chose to use "Lifestyle properties" Kinda odd description imo.

That is the land division of our company.

I had the same guys do a proposal to redo my realty website also (Mostly Residential). They quoted $4,600. I'm not taking it up the rear am I ? I sure as heck hate to separate with the money right now,,,, but one sell will pay for it.. Gotta spend money to make it.

The last guy I worked with was local and took 6 months to do our current simple website. It is riddled with crappy writing, no SEO, and a lousy structure. Tried getting the guy to make some changes, but he took money and run...... LIve and learn... Here is that site. (http://vinesrealty.net/)

I think we paid him about 2,800. The new guys are surely providing a product that is 2x better imo. They also move alottttt faster.

Harold Mansfield
07-10-2010, 02:29 AM
The last guy I worked with was local and took 6 months to do our current simple website. It is riddled with crappy writing, no SEO, and a lousy structure. Tried getting the guy to make some changes, but he took money and run...... LIve and learn... Here is that site. (http://vinesrealty.net/)

I think we paid him about 2,800. The new guys are surely providing a product that is 2x better imo. They also move alottttt faster.

Wow! you can get $2800 for that? AND take 6 months to do it? I seriously need to raise my rates.

I like the first one. Looks very professional. Nice photography on the Venison Sausage..err I mean the deer. The only thing that could have made me hungrier would have been a photo of a Bass jumping out of the water.

vinese
07-10-2010, 05:11 PM
Wow! you can get $2800 for that? AND take 6 months to do it? I seriously need to raise my rates.

I like the first one. Looks very professional. Nice photography on the Venison Sausage..err I mean the deer. The only thing that could have made me hungrier would have been a photo of a Bass jumping out of the water.

Yea, That guy did a rather poor job on many levels. His original draft was so bad I almost gagged.

vangogh
07-14-2010, 11:11 AM

I was thinking the same thing :)