PDA

View Full Version : Maarketing on amazon

billbenson
07-01-2010, 02:38 AM
I have a few hundred products I sell directly through my website. I am thinking about selling them on amazzon but with a different pricing structure.

How would I go about doing this?

vangogh
07-01-2010, 03:13 AM
If you scroll down the home page there's a link to sell your stuff (http://www.amazonservices.com/content/sell-on-amazon.htm?ld=AZSOAFSLNAV) on the left. Or you can click the link in the previous sentence since it'll take you to the same place.

It looks like that have two plans. One you pay monthly and the other you pay a fee per sale. The breakpoint is if you want to sell 40 items. Then you have to go for the pay per month option.

KristineS
07-01-2010, 11:47 AM
It works pretty much as Vangogh said. You set up an account and then enter all your products. It works quite well for some people. It's not very complicated.

billbenson
07-01-2010, 12:18 PM
Do you have to enter the products one by one?

vangogh
07-01-2010, 03:15 PM
Probably. I'm not sure how else you would do it. Amazon won't be giving you direct access to their database.

Business Attorney
07-01-2010, 04:07 PM
I don't know the details but Amazon definitely provides Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) capabilities for its vendors. How your existing database is structured will determine how much effort it takes to correctly map your own data to Amazon's system.

KristineS
07-01-2010, 05:27 PM
You can enter things via a spreadsheet if I remember correctly. I believe they even provide a template so you know what fields you have to fill out.

Of course, it has been a while since I did anything with Amazon and it may be different now.

vangogh
07-01-2010, 06:01 PM
Guess it's easier to add products than I thought.

prettyimpress
08-22-2010, 09:20 AM
That's a good idea. For I usually buy from amazon, but not some individual online shops. I think people like me trust amazon more. If you can marketing on amazon, I think your business will be better.