PDA

View Full Version : Not so new here

DOT
06-07-2010, 09:12 PM
I’ve been frequenting this site for awhile now but finally decided it was time to join. I’m the co-owner, along with my wife, of a small travel company that specializes in small group travel to Italy.

I really like what I’ve seen from this forum so far. Lots of helpful people here with good information. I look forward to participating.

Doug

vangogh
06-07-2010, 10:21 PM
Welcome to the forum Doug. I'm glad you decided to join after reading awhile. I've always wanted to visit Italy. There's a part of me that can see myself moving there and never coming back.

Looking forward to getting to know you better and thanks for joining the community.

Spider
06-07-2010, 10:26 PM
Welcome aboard, Doug.

Funny - I've always fancied myself living in Italy, too. Went there once - Venice - on the Orient Express. Long way to go for a pizza!

I think I would like Florence or somewhere on the NW coast.

Harold Mansfield
06-07-2010, 11:37 PM
Where are you guys based out of Doug? What city ?

KristineS
06-08-2010, 01:33 PM
Welcome to the forum, Doug. I'm a bit envious. I'm a assuming you have to travel to Italy in order to do your job.

cbscreative
06-08-2010, 04:42 PM
Welcome. I am a definite fan of Italian food.

DOT
06-08-2010, 09:33 PM
@eborg9 - We are located in the states, Connecticut to be exact.

@KristineS - Actually my wife is the talent behind the company and is the one who travels to Italy either guiding our tours or to do research. She lived there for 5 years. I get to go once in awhile but usually have to stay home since I have another full time job.

@cbscreative - I'm also a fan of Italian food myself, especially Italian food in Italy which is so different from American Italian food. Last year I had some meals on Lake Garda that I would have never eaten in the States but loved there. Cooking is really an art form in Italy, however my wife told me she saw a pizza vending machine in the Milan airport the other week. I guess this is one reason the Slow Food movement was started in Italy and has taken off in other parts of the world.

Again thanks for the warm welcome to the forum.

vangogh
06-08-2010, 09:36 PM
mmm…Italian food…mmm…pizza…in a vending machine? I can see why the slow food movement would start after something like that.

Doug I used to live in Connecticut. Close to 15 years ago now I think. I lived in Danbury and worked in Ridgefield.

Blessed
06-10-2010, 01:23 AM
Welcome to the forum!

I'm a 3rd generation American of Italian descent - my Grandfather came over as a child. I love Italian food cooked by the women in the family here in the states - the recipes they've passed down are priceless and yummy and better than anything you'll find in an "Italian" restaurant!