PDA

View Full Version : Looking to learn

One Print Place
06-01-2010, 08:56 AM
I am looking to learn as much as i can about marketing my business using the internet, networking, etc. I own a printing business along with my Sister and it is growing very quickly..We have great prices and service..People can order online and we have free design tools..Or we will design things for people at no charge.
I have been getting some business from socisl media..Especially Facebook..I also try to walk to a thousand businesses a week and give them info on our company. My primary job is to promote the business. Any ideas or help would be appreciated. Thanks Vic Coomer

For all of your printing needs use One Print Place (http://www.oneprintplace.com)

vangogh
06-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Welcome to the forum Vic.

Lots of different ways to market your business. I don't know if we'll be able to answer all your questions in one thread. Who do you see as your primary customer? If Facebook is currently working well it makes sense to keep improving on that. There's a ton of info out there about marketing via Facebook. Here are some articles I've bookmarked (http://delicious.com/vangogh99/facebook+marketing) over the years to get you started.

If you search the marketing forums here I'm sure you'll find plenty more ideas and from there have plenty of questions.

Thanks for joining the community.

KristineS
06-01-2010, 02:23 PM
Welcome to the forum Vic.

It sounds like you're already making some effort to market yourself, so you're farther along than some businesses. What you need to do is figure out who your target market is. Are you getting most of your business from online customers, or is it from the businesses you walk into each week? That alone could tell you where to concentrate your focus.

One Print Place
06-01-2010, 07:55 PM
Thanks for your reply..We get more business from the businesses i walk to, but i try to walk to 1000 or more a week..lol..I think we should be getting a lot of business from this..We are getting more orders from online than before though, and i want to keep that increasing..Most of our customers are small independent businesses.

vangogh
06-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Makes sense since businesses have more printing needs than individuals. Do you offer a freebie for first timers to businesses or bulk discounts?

If you want to increase the online orders the marketing for those orders will most likely be online. Sounds like you're thinking that way with Facebook. Looking over your site quick I think it could use some work. I land on one very long page, but if I click Enter Main Website I'm taking to a completely different website. Confusing.

If you do want to take more orders online then you really have to put a lot of focus on developing a really good site.

We can talk about it more in another thread if you want to start one. This one is really meant as the intro thread so people can welcome you to the forum.

One Print Place
06-01-2010, 10:08 PM
Thanks so much for the help..Those ideas do make sense

cbscreative
06-08-2010, 05:39 PM
I'm late to the party, but welcome. Congrats on growing your business.