PDA

View Full Version : LLC Creation Company Messed Up Stuff...

KingHippo
08-29-2008, 01:06 AM
So its been less than 48 hours since I got my final LLC package and I'm already having a ton of problems. A bunch of teens in a band are using the same name as my company was in the last thread...

...and now after inspecting the final LLC package the LLC creation company actually put down the INCORRECT ADDRESS on the following:

1) Certificate of Formation / Articles of Organization
2) Form SS-4 / EIN OBTAINED

As if that wasn't enough, Form NJ-REG / Business Registration Application is missing pages 23 and 24 (page 18 says that I need to fill out pages 23 and 24, this is how I know this)!

So I'm wondering now how many places the incorrect address is listed at. Do you think there are more places that it is incorrect than the following:?

1) company that formed the LLC on my behalf
2) IRS
3) company handling registered agent service
4) NJ Secretary of State

What do I need to do to ensure that I get the appropriate business address listed on all documents and with all parties?

Evan
08-29-2008, 04:47 PM
Did you input it wrong to this company? I'd call them up and tell them to fix it -- it's their mistake. They should eat the cost of all the amendments, not you.

KingHippo
08-30-2008, 03:12 PM
Did you input it wrong to this company? I'd call them up and tell them to fix it -- it's their mistake. They should eat the cost of all the amendments, not you.

At first, the company insisted that I made a mistake and that I had to pay an extra $100 to file for an amendment.

However, I saved and printed every single screen shot during the LLC creation process which shows that I entered the correct information.

After I told them this and told them I was going to send it to them, they backed off and offered to file the amendment for free. Phew!

KristineS
08-30-2008, 04:24 PM
You were smart to save what you sent. I'm glad it worked out that way.

Of course, it would have been better if they filed things correctly in the first place, but at least you're not out more money because of it.

Evan
08-30-2008, 09:14 PM
After I told them this and told them I was going to send it to them, they backed off and offered to file the amendment for free. Phew!

Good for you :D

Business Attorney
09-02-2008, 11:32 AM
Saving screen shots of data like you did is important, but it illustrates one of my pet peeves. Why don't more web sites designers provide you with an option to print a copy of the information for your files? I would guess that less than 20% of the sites where I think the option is appropriate actually give you that choice, so I end up printing a lot of screen shots or printing web pages to a pdf file. I actually prefer the latter, but it doesn't always show the filled-in information for some reason, so sometimes saving a screen shot to an image file and pasting it into a Word doc is my only choice.