PDA

View Full Version : Twitter kills Pay Per Tweet

Harold Mansfield
05-31-2010, 10:09 PM
Can't say I didn't see this coming, especially as Twitter is trying to streamline and figure out just how it's going to make a profit.
Twitter Kills “Pay Per Tweet” Companies (The Twitterverse Rejoices) | The Blog Herald (http://www.blogherald.com/2010/05/24/twitter-kills-pay-per-tweet-companies-the-twitterverse-rejoices/)

For this reason, aside from Promoted Tweets, we will not allow any third party to inject paid tweets into a timeline on any service that leverages the Twitter API. We are updating our Terms of Service to articulate clearly what we mean by this statement, and we encourage you to read the updated API Terms of Service to be released shortly. (Official Twitter Blog)

Paper Shredder Clay
06-01-2010, 12:56 PM
It will be interesting to see if it cleans up a lot of those paid advertisements. But I'm not holding my brief. I have read too many tweets that link to something totally different than what the tweet is about.

Harold Mansfield
06-01-2010, 01:08 PM
It's not going to stop the daily DM's and "read my blog post" or "Hey I found a new way to make money online" tweets...those are just coming from regular bloggers and noobs, but it will stop companies from Tweeting on your behalf though 3rd parties for a fee.

KristineS
06-01-2010, 02:15 PM
I'm glad to hear this. You're right, it won't eliminate all the annoying Tweets, but it will eliminate some of them.

vangogh
06-01-2010, 04:57 PM
Probably because they would rather people pay them to use Promoted Tweets to advertise than pay someone else to advertise.