PDA

View Full Version : my fans hate coupons....

greenoak
05-30-2010, 08:05 AM
besides coupons ...so boring.....my "likes" doesnt sound very good...but i guess we shouldnt say fans anymore....
..what should i do with/for my facebook fans? they are mostly local i thinK...i wonder what they want from the green oak page?????? they are up to 598....
ann

Patrysha
05-30-2010, 09:25 AM
Contests, exclusive offers for FB...

I was just reading yesterday how straight discounts don't perform as well as free or buy with purchase offers and that those type of offers retain more profit than discounting...

greenoak
05-30-2010, 09:38 AM
special offers havent worked for us.we tried that......and i dont think contests would either.....they did respond pretty well to a poll ...over 90....
any more ideas? something fun and outside the box????
maybe our offers were boring...it was for a freebie with purchase if the facebook was mentioned....

KristineS
06-01-2010, 02:34 PM
What about classes? You could do online classes fairly easily. You might need to do a webinar, but those aren't that hard to set up. I'm guessing a lot of your fans (sorry I can't say likes) are DIY people. Maybe teach them to stain a chair, or how to tell if a piece of furniture is in good condition or something.

If your goal is to drive them to your website, create some information that can be downloaded if they go to the site.

Harold Mansfield
06-03-2010, 08:43 AM
How about just a few week end get togethers? You say most of your Facebook people are locals..why not just roll out a few grills,fill a couple of trash cans with ice and sodas, pipe some music, or maybe even have a local artist perform and just have a series of summer cookouts?

You could incorporate a few clinics like refurbishment, or some kind of crafts.
Maybe even get similar businesses in the area involved...kind of like a business fair for you (to bring people to the store)...but, more of a summer cookout for your customers put on by the local businesses...something that the family can stop by and enjoy...meanwhile people are browsing the store.