PDA

View Full Version : BNI- anyone else a member?

huggytree
05-16-2010, 02:50 PM
Ive been in a BNI group now for 2.5 years...i have gone through slow periods in the group before and stuck it out...ive been rewarded greatly by sticking it out...lately ive been thinking of quitting again...my leads went from $45k to $35k last year to $10k this year....if i dont make $1k a month from it ive decided its not worth my time and effort.....

is anyone else noticing a dramatic decline in BNI or is it my chapter?

i have noticed alot of frugal people joining my group over the past year...frugal people have frugal friends...and thats not my customer base....im wondering if its the economy or the members?

its probably both.

Steve B
05-16-2010, 04:35 PM
I've never joined. I went to two meetings as a guest and they were WAY too hokey for me. They actually rang a bell when someone said they closed a deal as a result of a referral - then they did some queer clapping thing when people passed out referrals. I honestly almost lost my lunch. It just wasn't for me - regardless of how much business it could have brought me. The few people I know who are members each feel they get their investment back.

I started my own networking group - no clapping and no bells. We meet every month and share ideas and sometimes leads and nobody has to pay a penny to join.