PDA

View Full Version : Reaction Design & Print Website

ReactionDP
04-26-2010, 04:46 PM
Hello everyone, thanks for this awesome opportunity to join this forum! We have had our website up for about two months now and we're just looking for some feedback about it.

Brief Description & Link:
Reaction Design and Printing (http://thinkreaction.com/) is a full service printing company located in Palm Desert that serves all your design and printing needs. We specialize in Graphic Design and Printing to help you profit.

vangogh
04-27-2010, 11:36 AM
At first glance the site seems professionally done. The layout is nice, plenty of space to see the content.

I'm not sure how well the red band looks below the navigation. Red is such a strong color that pulls attention. I assume you don't want people focusing on a background gradient. I might try a cooler color like blue or green there and save the red for headings and other content you want to highlight. Those things don't stand out as much now with the red in the header.

You didn't specifically ask about the copy, but I think it needs improvement across the site. First it's not completely clear what you do for customers. From the site it comes across that you design and then print. Only buried within the FAQ do I see you'll do one or the other if that's all the customer needs. Odds are I've left though before finding that information. I think I'd sooner focus on the idea that you can print or you can design instead of leaving the impression that you only do both.

With most of the pages I see very little to convince me to hire you for your services. I see a lot of marketing language, but not a lot of information substantial to me as a customer. Here's what you say about design on your home page:

Design
Revive, revise and stand out.
Designed to help you thrive.

What does that mean? It means absolutely nothing. It's marketing language that does nothing to tell me anything about you or give me any reason to hire you for my design and printing needs.

Most of the content on the site strikes me as being written that way.

Overall after visiting the site I don't come away with a feeling of knowing more about you, how you can help my business, or why I should hire you.

Harold Mansfield
04-27-2010, 04:06 PM
I have to agree that the site is written as if you are talking to other designers and not as if you are talking to the average Plumber who may need some promotional materials.

I do the same thing all the time and am constantly rewriting stuff so that it sounds normal, to "normal" people.

You have done a good job painting a picture with graphics, the site looks good, now you just need to paint the same picture with your words in a way that the average person understands and can envision using your services.

ReactionDP
04-30-2010, 05:14 PM
Both replies are very constructive, I will definitely use the suggestions you have made and start changes now! I will post again when changes are done if you want to give a second look.

vangogh
04-30-2010, 05:31 PM
Glad we could help. At least I hope we did. Definitely let us know when you've made changes and we'll look again.

Overall I do think the site design is done well. A few tweaks and some improvements to the copy so it's more focused on the customer and I think you'll be good to go for now.