PDA

View Full Version : Current Market Conditions In The Tradeshow Business

donaldcarter55
03-27-2010, 02:29 PM
Just out of curiousity what are you all finding in terms of attendance at local/regional/national tradeshows you are attending?

I've gone to a few in the last month or so that would have been packed a few years ago to find very few people. Probably the biggest change beyond attendance was that nothing is given away at most of these now.

Steve B
03-28-2010, 05:05 AM
I went to one in January and one in March. Both had similar attendance to previous years. They were both Home and Garden shows. One of my friends that sells stuff on the spot (a mole trap) had the best show in 4 years.

greenoak
03-28-2010, 05:45 PM
everything i heard about the huge retail gift industry show in atlanta in january was ...THAT IT WAS GREAT... with huge crowds and best show ever buzz..... now if the retail customers just follow suit and come buy all the stuff the stores bought....
ann
magpie cottage (http://www.magpiecottage.blogspot.com)

KristineS
03-29-2010, 10:02 AM
We do trade shows for machine embroidery and sublimation. We've had a fabulous year so far. Attendance, at least in our booth, has been up for every show and we've been making sales at every show. It's been much better than last year.

We just finished up doing four trade shows in March and they were all uniformly good.