PDA

View Full Version : My intro

the goat
08-25-2008, 04:21 AM
Hello, many of you may know me as sk8ramp from the sbf.com forums. I am slowly getting out of the skatepark business so I thought this migration would be a good time to change my nym.

I was glad to see the thread about this forum being formed, I have not been checking in regularly at the other forum. It seemed that lately it was just inundated with spam and it just took to long to weed through it all.

Anyway looking forward to being around a lot now that I found this place, it looks like it is going to be a nice site!

Leatherneck
08-25-2008, 05:27 AM
Welcome aboard neighbor. I'm from over in Whintinsville Glad too have a Sox fan aboard.

Steve B
08-25-2008, 05:28 AM
Glad to see another familiar face.

Welcome.

KristineS
08-25-2008, 08:01 AM
Welcome to the forum. We're glad you're here.

cbscreative
08-25-2008, 10:47 AM
I recognize the old SBF user name, and it's nice that you found your way over here, so welcome aboard. Yes, many of us were very frustrated by what took place at our old hangout. So much so, that here we are, and this place is run by people who really care about it. I hope you truly enjoy it here.

vangogh
08-25-2008, 10:53 AM
Welcome to the new hangout. I'm glad you mentioned the old username or we wouldn't have known who you are.

Agree about the old forum, which is why we moved here.

Glad you found the thread and happy to have you join us here.

the goat
08-26-2008, 06:46 AM
Thanks everyone, this place already feels like home, good thing I decided to check out SBF.com one more time!

Welcome aboard neighbor. I'm from over in Whintinsville Glad too have a Sox fan aboard.

Howdy, I checked out your sites and you do nice work. I was in the residential construction biz for many years while I built up my ramp business. Best of luck to you, and Go Sox!

cbscreative
08-26-2008, 11:54 AM
good thing I decided to check out SBF.com one more time!
And that you found the thread leading here so you know where we all went.

Paul Elliott
08-27-2008, 09:33 AM
Good to see you back, sk8ramp. The good parts of the old forum have made it over.

Paul

Paul Elliott
08-27-2008, 09:36 AM
Hello, many of you may know me as sk8ramp from the sbf.com forums. I am slowly getting out of the skatepark business so I thought this migration would be a good time to change my nym.

How're you transitioning out of the business? Buffing the business for sale? Handing it off? Other?

Paul

Coach Morse
08-27-2008, 11:40 AM
Welcome aboard goat!

the goat
08-27-2008, 06:03 PM
Thanks Coach! Wow it's been a long time since I've said that.

How're you transitioning out of the business? Buffing the business for sale? Handing it off? Other?

Paul

I am scaling back slowly, offering less products and not taking on some jobs I would have taken in the past. Once my income from other ventures gets to where I want it I will sell the company.

Paul Elliott
08-30-2008, 11:08 AM
I am scaling back slowly, offering less products and not taking on some jobs I would have taken in the past. Once my income from other ventures gets to where I want it I will sell the company.

Be cautious, since the price someone will be willing to pay will most likely be based on projected sales (declining). Consider building it up, increasing sales, selling it, and doing some living on some of the cash from the better sales price while you are building up your other businesses.

Paul