PDA

View Full Version : I read INC. magazine, recommend other good business mags.

yoyoyoyoyo
03-23-2010, 10:19 AM
so, I have a subscription to INC. magazine, and I like it.

but: I usually finish the mag within 2-3 days' time, and that has been making me want to subscribe to another business-related mag. Therefore, I am asking: what would you recommend?

nothing niche-specific (i.e.- JUST a magazine for plumbers, or JUST a magazine for Real Estate Agents), but something that discusses Business; with topics including but not limited to: the creation of systems and processes, "how-to's", management, further inspiration, tips & tricks, etc. etc.

Thank you for your help in advance.

KristineS
03-23-2010, 01:11 PM
I always liked Fast Company. If I remember correctly it was relatively inexpensive and it had good info.

yoyoyoyoyo
03-24-2010, 07:40 PM
can anyone recommend a mag that's focused on small biz, start-ups, net-businesses?

mcfarldr1
03-24-2010, 08:41 PM
Entrepreneur Magazine is exactly what your looking for. Tons of quality articles filled with information that you want. Their website is www.entrepreneur.com (http://www.entrepreneur.com). Its very inexpensive also. Under $20 a year.

vangogh
03-24-2010, 10:42 PM
I was just going to recommend Entrepreneur. You beat me to it :). I also read Fast Company, though it's not really all about business at this point.

Patrysha
03-25-2010, 12:19 AM
Success is enjoyable and I like Website magazine too. All the other ones I would have mentioned have already been recommended. The rest I read are more marketing and pr related...well and the writing ones and the home and garden ones and the general women's one and the music related ones.

Yeah, I read too much.

vangogh
03-25-2010, 01:53 AM
Oh yeah, Website magazine is great. I didn't even think about it since it's focus is on websites, but it does cover a lot more. If online business is part of your interest I'd second the recommendation.

phanio
03-25-2010, 11:55 AM
I agree that Entrepreneur Magazine fits with what you are seeking.

yoyoyoyoyo
03-26-2010, 04:42 AM
thank you so far :)

Paper Shredder Clay
03-29-2010, 11:20 AM
I sometimes read Fast-Company and Entrepreneur Magazine, like they said they are reasonably cheap.

yoyoyoyoyo
03-30-2010, 09:56 AM
think i'm gonna' go with WebsiteMagazine, more tailored for what I do.

vangogh
03-30-2010, 01:42 PM
Website Magazine is a good choice. I've had a subscription since their first issue. They cover a lot more than the name would imply.

yoyoyoyoyo
04-04-2010, 09:33 AM
I looked at some of their highlights, and they seem like a very updated mag. Always on the trends, and that's key.

vangogh
04-04-2010, 12:55 PM
I've been impressed with their magazine since the beginning and I think it's only gotten better over time.

KristineS
04-05-2010, 10:26 AM
Never heard of Website magazine. Is it mostly web design or programming?

vangogh
04-05-2010, 10:39 AM
More everything related to running a website, included business and marketing. The focus is on the web naturally, but it's not about designing or programming per se. There might be an article about how the design of your landing page affects conversions or how to develop a page so it's search engine friendly.

There will also be articles on how to for social media and getting the most from a pay-per-click campaign.

It's a business magazine with a focus on the web and your website.

KristineS
04-06-2010, 01:11 PM
Hmm, I may have to check that out. Certainly sounds like it would be something I would find useful. Thanks.