PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Books.

Incognito
03-22-2010, 12:51 AM
Hi, can anyone recommend a book for me to read so I could at least learn enough to ask semi-intelligent questions?

Thanks!

Patrysha
03-22-2010, 07:11 PM
On what topic?

Why not just ask something? There really is no such thing as a bad question (with the exception of children asking "Are we there yet?" when it's obvious we are still on the flipping highway!) and it could help someone else who is too shy to ask the question.

We don't bite...well at least I don't...

Dan Furman
03-22-2010, 09:38 PM
I wrote two that I happen to like very much :)

Check my sig.

KristineS
03-23-2010, 01:18 PM
There are a lot of books I could recommend, but it would be helpful to know about what subjects you want to learn more.

By the way, Dan's books are good. Check them out.

huggytree
03-23-2010, 03:57 PM
i assume books on business?

all that i read were 95% worthless...the advice is so vague that it is almost no help..i always picked up alittle something, but not much.

even the ones specific to the field your in have been no good...i have 3 or 4 plumbing/business books....id love to charge the prices they talk about....no one would pay $200 per hour with 200% markup......even those books which were on the actual subject were vague about running a business..

common sense and finding a mentor are the 2 ways which work.

i found a competitor who offered to be a mentor. His reason was to keep the market prices high. He didnt want price cutters, just a fair balanced market...he's also a nice guy too and thats partially why....would i do it? no, but if you look youll find someone

nealrm
03-25-2010, 10:57 AM
Here are a few really good books. They don't directly relate specifically to business, but do provide many concepts and philosophies that will help a small business owner.

The millionaire next door
Rich Dad Poor Dad
QBO - The question behind the question

yoyoyoyoyo
03-27-2010, 09:10 AM
Hi, can anyone recommend a book for me to read so I could at least learn enough to ask semi-intelligent questions?

Thanks!

read this: Text of Steve Jobs' Commencement address (2005) (http://news-service.stanford.edu/news/2005/june15/jobs-061505.html)

esdwa
04-06-2010, 07:28 PM
I was confused in many ways when incorporating as S-corporation. Found this incredible book "S-Corporation" by Daniel Sitarz (3rd Edition). Read it at once in just few hours, so friendly to read. Now I know everything I need to do the process without missing a thing and without paying extra fees for 3rd party incorporators. Highly recommended.
The publisher also has similar book for LLC and regular Corp. Not use if as good as this one but it is worth to try for that kind of money. Cheers

alfromla
05-03-2010, 11:51 AM
I don't underestand why people have to read books that like to beat around the bush ...just google what you want and find it...not enough time to keep reading books

I really doubt steve job or bill gate reads books on how getting rich...they use their right part of their brain to innovate and come up with new stuff and usually money comes with it too

Steve B
05-04-2010, 03:45 AM
Without more specifics on what subject you are interested in I'd suggest the dictionary.