PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Georgia!

Peter Zink
03-21-2010, 04:24 PM
Greetings,

My name is Peter Zink and I'm in the process of setting up my own commercial writing business. I look forward to learning and contributing to this great forum!

- Peter

Steve B
03-21-2010, 05:57 PM
Welcome Peter.

Spider
03-21-2010, 07:31 PM
Welcome aboard, Peter. (Phew! At least it's not another Steve!!! - you'll unerstand that in due course, Peter.)

So, which Georgia? Georgia, USA? Or Georgia, near Russia?

Peter Zink
03-21-2010, 09:41 PM
Glad to see I'm already contributing something to the forum (a less common name) :)

I'm in the US state of Georgia - near the coastline. I've only been in the area for a little over 2 years, but it's a great area. How long has this forum been up? I was surprised to find that there weren't more small business forums online, but this seems like a good one worth checking out.

vangogh
03-21-2010, 11:30 PM
Welcome to the forum Peter. Where did you live prior to Georgia? There are some decent small business forums out there. We aren't the only one, but we do try to be the best we can.

Thanks for joining the community.

Blessed
03-22-2010, 10:07 AM
Welcome Peter, glad to have you join us.

cbscreative
03-22-2010, 12:50 PM
So, which Georgia? Georgia, USA? Or Georgia, near Russia?

I actually wondered the same thing.

Welcome aboard, Peter (from one of the "Steve's" here). I'm glad you found us; being a writer, you should like it here. Even though this is a biz forum, we have sections dedicated to writing and get a fair amount of active discussion on the subject. Congrats on your decsion to make a business out of it.

Peter Zink
03-22-2010, 05:15 PM
vangogh
I grew up in California before moving to Georgia. Still nice weather down here and much better cost of living.

Steve,
Thanks, it is a big plunge for me. Even though I'll be "moonlighting" for now I am excited to press on and see where this takes me.

Patrysha
03-22-2010, 06:08 PM
Welcome to the forum Peter...that happens to be a popular middle name in our family :-)

Peter Zink
03-22-2010, 10:36 PM
Good name - I'm quite fond of it myself :)

vangogh
03-23-2010, 10:53 AM
Peter you grew up in the west and migrated east. I did the opposite. I grew up in New York and moved to Colorado.

KristineS
03-23-2010, 01:09 PM
Welcome to the forum Peter. There are a lot of creatives here, so I'm sure you'll fit right in. We also have our share of web geeks as well. And Steves.

Peter Zink
03-24-2010, 12:12 PM
Yes, the West is beautiful, I might still migrate back that way some day. Thanks for all the welcomes!